moving break disc

D

discobarr

there was a strange noise coming from my front left arch area. kinda like a load clicking and when in reverse i'd hear a loud scraping. took it to several mechanics who could find nothin wrong with it and they all guessed it was a suspension problem so i bought a second set of STI suspension and am getting it fitted on wednesday.
i wanted one more look at it so i took off the wheel on saturday and my break disc was loose. mooving in and out towards me. now i'm assuming this is not ment to happen. the bolt is tight as well. now i'm thinking it was the disc all along.
ok i'm finally getting to my point. if it is a problem with the disc and not the suspension i don't want to replace them because their a set of TEIN.

any ideas?
could it be as simple as a washer on the other side of the disc??

sorry about the length of the message.
cheers
paul

thats not your problem the disk should be loose when the wheel is off.is the noise always there or just when you turn the wheel while driving

just when i turn the wheel while driving. i posted the problem here before christmas and couldn't get a definative answer. wheels bearing, cv joint etc are all fine. :ponder:

thats mad,cause it does sound like a cv joint or wheel bearing .only option change suspenion and see what happens

I had a front wheel bearing gone and the symtoms sounded very like yours !!!.

usually fine when you are going straight but slightly turn the wheel and it grinds !!!
try jacking up the car and see if there is movement in the wheel up and down or in and out !!

mack

well the suspension change didn'y do much so i'n completely syumped. might change the bearing to see what happens. oh i love spending money!!!!

excuse the spelling i've had a few drinks :guinness:

sure why not.....  yeahroooooooo :salute: :drunk: :drunk: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

had someone look at the car today and he realised that the back of the break disc is rubbing off the calliper. massive groove cut in the disc itself. the disc itself is sitting off line. the other disc was fine. gonna change the disc and see if it sits any better.

anyone else experienced this?
i managed to say disc in every sentence there................................disc :D

Disc... disc... disc... :lol: Glad you're sorted mate. Depending on wear and you're budget it might make sense to change both or are you going 2nd hand? Disc!

disc......
eh i picked up 2 for 60 euro each for a non brembo set. i was expecting a lot worse. but i've a feeling when i go to put them on i'll be left with an unhappy look on my disc... eh i mean face sorry :D

Back