i need shims/chims? squeeky brakes

gretts

Petrolheads
upgraded my front brakes to 4 pot got crappy pads in the package with no shims and there squeeking like mad so i want to know where could i get decent pads with shims b4 the weekend, around dublin surrounding area, and what make and price would they be?

thanks .

Before I changed to Brembo's, I needed a set of pads to tide me over for a few weeks so I went to my local motor factors and bought the cheapest set of pads they had, think they were called apec, €25, and they included shims. As well as that, just make sure there is copper grease there as well. You could maybe just use the shims with your good existing pads?

Sorry for askin what may be a completely obvios question but what are shims???
And sorry for goin a little off topic gretts.

A little thin plate that goes between the pad and the piston in the calliper :thumbsup: As robbie said, a bit of copper grease behind the pad usually sorts out the squeak, just damps down the vibration thats all.....

Several things can cause a squeak, as said above no copper grease or pads down to the wear indicator or sometimes new pads will squeak if the disc has a wear lip on it as the pads bed in they might squeak :thumbsup:

thanks lads,

i'll get a bit of copper grease first then a cheap set of pads if the grease doesn't sort it.

Back