gear ratio question wrx Vs STi type R

chriSTi

Petrolheads
hello there , quick question... is the gearing on a type R normally different to a wrx.. I once sat along side my bro in his wrx on a motorway an I was sittin 500 rpm more than he was, would this be right.. still tryin to find out wot mods exactly are done to my version 3 as it came from jap land as is, so I'm thinkin its an uprated gearbox??? cheers :D curious Chris

ChrisSTI it's totaly differen't your TypeR
has a close ratio gear box as standard which is very
differn't to the longer gears in a WRX.

Niall.

Yup. The 95 STI wagon I bought does 3600 RPM at 120km/hr. It is closer ratio than my previous 96 WRX wagon. Will be driving the old one again next week so I'll tell you exactly what the rev difference is.
Don't know what gear box is in the new one though. DaveLegacy might be able to shed some light for ya.

these lads couldnt agree more

gypsymusic_car_205x150.jpg

:guinness: :guinness: :guinness:
dagnut that looks liks a recipe for a party

[quote author=six spoke clive link=topic=1785.msg15783#msg15783date=1174040375] :guinness: :guinness: :guinness:
dagnut that looks liks a recipe for a party[/quote]
Hmmm, looks like a gypsy wedding band to me...  :cheers: :dance: :drunk:

Did anybody see that Subaru announced an all-new Justy, to be based on the Daihatsu Boon (whatever that is :ponder: ) and to be launched this Autumn?

I wonder what oddities this one will have?

[quote author=Yogi link=topic=1785.msg15715#msg15715 date=1173973073]
Yup. The 95 STI wagon I bought does 3600 RPM at 120km/hr. It is closer ratio than my previous 96 WRX wagon. Will be driving the old one again next week so I'll tell you exactly what the rev difference is.
Don't know what gear box is in the new one though. DaveLegacy might be able to shed some light for ya.
[/quote]mine sits at 4000rpm at 120kmh.....

[quote author=chriSTi link=topic=1785.msg15888#msg15888 date=1174215995]

mine sits at 4000rpm at 120kmh.....
[/quote]

hmmm, interesting

Back