Dipstick

TerryNavan

Middle Lane Hogs
Howdee folks. Ok maybe a silly question but new to the scooby doo's again. There is two reserviours down the back of the engine, one is connected to the brake servo and the other one looks like it is going into the car. What is that one? Also another question, why is there two dispticks? I know the one on the front is for the oil, but what is the one by the firewall as its on low.
And lastly. Just Why?

The right resevoir is the clutch fluid.

The back dipstick is the gearbox oil :thumbsup:

Ah crap. He told me he changed the oil in both the diffs and gearbox and its on low. What oil goes in there? Also what is the recommended oil for the engine for topping up

Gearbox oil is 75W90 GL-5 or equivalent, 3.5 litres from empty

Engine oil that subaru use is 10W40 semi synthetic but everyone on here has a difference of opinion on engine oil

[quote author=ScoobyMick link=topic=15718.msg193602#msg193602 date=1244754543]
Ah the oil question get ready to be confused :icon_nana:
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: so true

Haha ah crap. I done a search on here but nothing came back. I think i heard subaru recommended 10W40 P/S and STI Tuning recommend 15/50 or something and seen someone posted MobileS or something

i think the general feeling is if you car is standard spec go with the 10W 40 of if its had work done on it go the 15W 50 route :thumbsup:

Would that not be too light?
My car has a TD06, Turbo downpipe with Decat and Cat Back System, Not sure what panel filter, So 15/50 would be recommended?

Find out what oil is in it first if your just topping up. Mixing different types of oil is not recommended...

Back