Turbo, Exhaust & Re-map

FozzieSTB

Sunday Drivers
right - this is the craic - I've got me auld 99 Forester ST/b - love it to bits just don't understand it (bit like the wife - but I digress)  Anyhoo, I want it to be a bit quicker so I'm thinkin about changing the stock parts to some of the 99 WRX stuff (I'm told they should bolt right on).  The question is - where a good place to go to get the work done - TD04 turbo & possibly new dump valve, new full exhaust incl CAT (NCT don'tcha know) and then probably Andy Forester for remap next time he's over (anyone got any ideas on that) - Ok so loads there - where to get the parts and the work done first then anyone who know a good spot to get the beast remapped....!!!!!
:ponder:

Think the next mapping session is on the 12th & 13th of May. Best bet is to ask Reno555 (Damo) about that. I'm looking to get my car mapped and I'm waiting till then. From what I've heard the rest of the people in the country don't seem to be as good. Better off to wait and get it done once and right. It's not that cheap an exercise. In or around €500, i think...

As for the exhaust etc. I'm sure the annoracks will point you in the right direction.

@yogi that price is because you already have the ECU..

An ecutek licence on top of that to be paid too

[quote author=FozzieSTB link=topic=1760.msg15218#msg15218 date=1173367225]
right - this is the craic - I've got me auld 99 Forester ST/b - love it to bits just don't understand it (bit like the wife - but I digress) Anyhoo, I want it to be a bit quicker so I'm thinkin about changing the stock parts to some of the 99 WRX stuff (I'm told they should bolt right on). The question is - where a good place to go to get the work done - TD04 turbo & possibly new dump valve, new full exhaust incl CAT (NCT don'tcha know) and then probably Andy Forester for remap next time he's over (anyone got any ideas on that) - Ok so loads there - where to get the parts and the work done first then anyone who know a good spot to get the beast remapped....!!!!!
:ponder:
[/quote]

You will get a TDO4 on Scoobynet for about £100 and you will get an exhaust made specifically for the Forester from Hayward & Scott for about £500. Thats where I got my bits for the Forester. I would not bother with the dump valve. If you want you can have a blast in mine to see what its like with the exact mods you are thinking of, including the remap. As far as fitting, Gt Performance, Car Tork, Subaru Garage!!! etc....

Alan

Back