car idling roughly need help

GORDON GT SERIES II

Club Treasurer
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
hey guys my impreza started to hunt the other day had it on a computer yesterday and nothing showed up was just wondering would a coil pack cause this if it was gone or would there be any other cause for this the car is a 99 uk spec impreza turbo cheers for any help lads

Is it possible the maf has gone but isnt showing up?
When my maf has gone before the revs would hunt from practically zero, sometimes stalling, upto about 3 thousand then back down to zero. This would repeat itself over and over until the car either stalls or you rev it or switch it off.
My check engine light didnt come on one of the times the maf went and maybe it doesnt store a fault code if the light doesnt come on

nice one matt she would drop to zero and back to 11 or 12 hundred revs its a pain in the face the air mass meter was done before a few months ago with very little driving

Horrible things the maf's.
I replaced mine about a month ago and that one had only been in it a month.
If its a genuine Subaru one bring it back to where you bought it cos i got a new one under warrenty. 12 month warrenty on them :thumbsup:

[quote author=Matt link=topic=15605.msg192055#msg192055 date=1244285086]
Horrible things the maf's.
I replaced mine about a month ago and that one had only been in it a month.
If its a genuine Subaru one bring it back to where you bought it cos i got a new one under warrenty. 12 month warrenty on them :thumbsup:
[/quote]

If anyones knows MAF's it'll be Matt at this stage :icon_biggrin:

But all above sounds plausable anyway :thumbsup:

nice one lads appreciate the help ill try and get a loan of a air mass meter and see if it makes any difference :thumbsup:

Think they all have a coloured dot on them depending on the model.
Mine is a green one.
Find out the colour and put up a post and see if somebody near you can let you try their maf in your car.
If its green, and your in the Dublin area give me a shout :thumbsup:

Back