Insurance Companys........again

J

JohnyB

I know that this topic has been discussed on these forums over and over again but I was wondering who people are insured with.......by that I mean I saw a killer WRX tonight that really has me  :ponder: ing , and so far other then St Pauls and that doggy option on 123.ie with the flat of €990 + an extra surcharge of € 600 (because its a  :subaru: Impreza) and an excess of €4,000.........( http://www.123.ie/motor/quote_xs.htm ) I cannot get a quote... :angry:...

At the moment I have a 98 GT 555 2.0T Impreza insured with Quinn Direct, but they wont touch a WRX.....

This car is crying for me to get it ( and herself is crying for me not to get it  :D ), so please please please post a few company names......

First 5 posts will get a  :guinness: in letterkenny, If you cannot make it on the trip to letterkenny, I will donate the money to the Charity Fund.

[size=8pt]Subject to Term and Conditions....[/size]
[size=6pt]Post's must contain Insurance Company Names[/size]
[size=6pt]One entry per household[/size]
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Cheers
JohnnyB

[quote author=JohnnyB link=topic=245.msg1484#msg1484 date=1156296175]
I cannot get a quote... :angry:...

[/quote]

FBD quoted me for a WRX no problem. The problem was trying to afford the car :(

Another heineken please (I have 2 households - so I can get 2 pints right???)

I am with Royal Sun Alliance through AA formely Coyle Hamilton Brokers, the even insured me after I was done for Drink Driving in 2002. I have been with them for 12years though!!

I'm with AXA who do an over 30s policy for performance cars (that's what I asked for anyway) but I know the Manager in my local branch so maybe that helped. WRX insurance at under €900 for me :thumbsup:

[edit] that's Fully Comprehensive insurance with full no-claims bonus, no points on licence, etc.

thanks for the responces lads I have tried all those companys and they all just laughed, so i got onto Quinn Direct this morning and pleeded my case :pray: and was given a quote on the WRX which comes in at less then my renuinal quote for the 555 :wall: :wall: :wall:

@ nodge
yeah 2 pints no worries just provided 2 utility bills :lol: :drunk:

Speaking of AXA Paulo...they refused to quote me last week when I was trying to find a better quote than FBD's renewal price.
No big news for a Subaru driver to be refused a quote says you ... EXCEPT I'm driving a 1.6!!!! I told yer one on the phone that there was a mistake, only 1.6, non-turbo etc, gave her my current quote from FBD (690). So she said she'd ring back later.
In the meantime I rang Hibernian who quoted me 505 euro for the year :thumbsup: AXA rang me back in the afternoon to say that they definitely didn't quote on "that kind of car". Apparently it's category 7 and I would have to be over 30 to get a quote!!

Amazing :shock: :eek:mg:

Actually, if you're already insured with a company, they are obliged to offer you a quote if you can't get a quote elsewhere, it's called insurer of last resort.

I've had it a few times with Quinn where I've gone looking for a quote and they've refused. I've then told them I've had six refusals from other companies, reminded them of their obligations under law and indicated that I'll be referring any outrageous quotes to the Ombudsman. Result, new quote in under five minutes each time.

Also, I have always been amazed at how small the premium increase has been in the end. Really, why do they bother refusing and sending you round the houses and then only look for an extra €160 to cover the additional actual risk?

Madness.

alrite johnnyB, RB5 419 is spot on, i was with Quinn with a 04 (bmw) Mini Cooper S, i rang quinn in Jan this year to get a quote on a 06wrx. the girl i was talkin to said that my quote is very high like 6 or 7k BUT!!! she said if i was already with quinn then jus go buy the car and they have to give me a good quote, so i went out and got my WRX and rang them to change my Insurance over thay said there was an extra €700, total quote €1958.30c not bad if ya ask me! i was 26 in jan. worth trying!!
:headbanger:

murphWRX

i'm with wright bros in wexford, xs direct is the company, 1st yr in my own name, 28 yo, living and working in cavan. €1200 BUT with an excess of €4000 on an 01 wrx bugeye, will change but needed to get 1st yr no claims. hope it helps,

Morgan

I have my STI insured with Quinn. They are the only ones that would quote "on that type of car". They have an STi import listed on their database.

Every other company (8 of them) I rang refused to quote saying "we dont offer cover for Imprezas".

I'm 23 with my own garage policy with ARB (through o'reilly cullen brokers) Since 21. My insurance e2900 drive anything i want. Jan expect it to be about e2200

so it seems like quinn direct apat from being a mad bunch of gits are the best place to get insurance with, you just got to keep calling till you get the quote you want,
Call 1
I am sorry we dont cover that type of car....

Call 2
And your quote is ......

I made sure the lady I was talking to today put the quote for the WRX in my file so there is a record of it.....
mad bunch of gits....... :ponder:

i'm 20 with 2 yrs no claims and six penalty points my insurance is 2900 with quinn and ifyou are insured with them tey have to insure you,, ya have to bring up prooff ownership i dont think it can be done over the phone

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=245.msg1582#msg1582 date=1156375040]
I'm 23 with my own garage policy with ARB (through o'reilly cullen brokers) Since 21. My insurance e2900 drive anything i want. Jan expect it to be about e2200
[/quote]

Hey Dave,

Do you have to have a 'garage' to have a garage policy?
Just wondering caus it was something I was thinking of doing....

Alan.

nope. they do ask you for a VAT number though. But ways around as in say your just starting up this business etc. Keep this to PM though.

insurance companys are a joke..most of them wouldnt quote me at all..even before i said what type of impreza..the funny thing is that hibernian wouldnt quote me so i eventually went with quote line who are a broker and they got me a quote of 2000 euro fully comp last year.im now paying 1500..got the insurance cert an all out in the post and it turned out to be with hibernian who wouldnt quote me directly in the first place..im 25 with 4 years ncb and two points..thats on a 99 sti..

Im 28 with full no claims - €1020 fully comp with Quinn Direct on a 01 WRX

Hey James.

What excess on that policy,
I'm paying nearly twice that for a 02 wrx, fully comp, open driving plus my renewal is up the next few weeks.
Mack

got my renewal from QD....gone down 172EURO to 1828EURO. fully comp, 26 years old, 98 sti type R V-Limited. :D :D

Back