newage rear diff help

JGARDE

Middle Lane Hogs
As i was driving to youghal today as i slow down i sometimes hear a dunk noise out of rear left wheel :ponder2: so when i got home i went to have a look i jacked up the car and the drive shaft going into the diff there is a bit of play if you move it up and down i checked the diff oil and its full i see no oil leaking either would it be the bearing on the diff or the splines on the drive shaft??? do these diffs give any trouble? anyone around cork who can have a look at it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: any advise or help please thanks lads oh ya its a 00 wrx bugeye

pretty sure there will be a small amount of play as standard but i stand to be corrected on subarus!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey JGARDE ,

How's trciks , it could be a few things I've changed my rear diff and both drive shafts
and i can't remember there been any play............but could be wrong ???

Normaly the diff makes noise on acceleration , ie. when a load is put on it ......not when braking
so possibly the drive shaft and yes it would make a clunk, clunk noise . then again it could be coming from the wheel.

Bring it over to Adam Hussey he's in Aghada 0851059193

He sorted all mine :thumbsup:

Niall.

it is the drive shaft that comes from the hub into the diff is the shaft splined into the diff the same way as the front with a roll pin through it

id check if the caliper or pads are loose. sometines a brake pad can be loose and slide foreward against the calliper :dontknow:

Back