Rattle Noise inside drivers door panel.

B

Bri

I have a rattle noise inside drivers door panel, only happens when on uneven road. When I stop and open/close the door, no rattle with window up. When I do this with the window down I hear a rattle, it sounds like it's something to do with the window support, I think :ponder: Anybody have any ideas, or who can I bring it to to get it sorted, as it is very annoying :shock:

On a classic you have to unscrew the door-pull, other wise its all clips, so give a good firm tug and she'll come off in your hands (fnarr fnarr)...

Might depend on what year the car is, the door cards thats in the MY00 and newage, you need to pop up the lecy window switches, there's another screw in behind those.

mack

Same as myself :thumbsup:

There's a screw where the latch pull is and one in where you put your hand to close the door, this will then let you remove all the switchs. just check to make sure there is no more screws in there.
You'll need to take of the black triangle that is inside the the door where the wing mirror is ! ( just pulls off but gently).

Then pull the door card at the bottom rear corner, there's usually a slot there to help grip, just work your way around the door and lift up to clear top clips by the glass.

I found the little bolts keeping the lecy window motor on, loose before, this might be your rattle !! :ponder:

Worth a try

mack

[quote author=mack link=topic=1755.msg15205#msg15205 date=1173358163]

There's a screw where the latch pull is and one in where you put your hand to close the door, this will then let you remove all the switchs. just check to make sure there is no more screws in there.
You'll need to take of the black triangle that is inside the the door where the wing mirror is ! ( just pulls off but gently).

Then pull the door card at the bottom rear corner, there's usually a slot there to help grip, just work your way around the door and lift up to clear top clips by the glass.

I found the little bolts keeping the lecy window motor on, loose before, this might be your rattle !! :ponder:

Worth a try

mack
[/quote]

Cheers Mack,

Will try this the weekend!

[quote author=mack link=topic=1755.msg15205#msg15205 date=1173358163]

Worth a try

mack
[/quote]

Cheers Mack,

Done it at the weekend, there was a loose nut. Tightened it and checked the rest. NO MORE RATTLE :thumbsup:

I had the same rattle- 4 loose nuts, tightenend them, thought job done till 3 days later the fookin winow shattered when I went to let it down :doh:
Bugger :dunno:
Cheers
John

[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=1755.msg15483#msg15483 date=1173729603]
Get your self a classic, u can spend your whole life trying to find all the little rattles
[/quote]
:clap:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

very Good !! 

mack

Back