Battery keeps dying

Mark Cahill

Full ISDC Members 2015Member Number 555
Having a problem lately with my battery. Started last week, went to take the car out but the battery was dead. Thought it might have been because the car had been sitting up for about 3 weeks. Jumped it so i could go get a new battery cause it was time for a new one anyway. Put the new battery in cleaned the terminals and it started first time. Then went out to take the car out this morning and same again, dead battery. No interior lights or HID's left on so it can't be that. Also checked the alternator this morning and its fine.

Anyone any idea what can be causing it to keep dying?? :thumbsup:

something has to be on mark!!!!
check the boot light or glovebox(not sure if light inside on subaru)
:ponder2: :ponder2:

if you still have a prob,let me know and i'll call up to the house!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers Mark, I'm thinking the dvd player might have something to do with it. But its been in a few months now for it to only start giving trouble recently.

If i don't get it sorted i'll give you a shout. :thumbsup:

sorry for the hijack , jus a similar q for markobucko ,

the womans 02 audi a3 if not driven for two days will not start , if started every day no problem ,but if its lying up for more than 48hrs ,dead as a dodo. checked for anything being left on . only thing i can think of is when u take keys out of ignition radio still on , you physically have to turn the power off . it is always turned offf but could it still be takin power ?

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=15525.msg191478#msg191478 date=1244104224]
sorry for the hijack , just a similar q for markobucko ,

the womans 02 audi a3 if not driven for two days will not start , if started every day no problem ,but if its lying up for more than 48hrs ,dead as a dodo. checked for anything being left on . only thing i can think of is when u take keys out of ignition radio still on , you physically have to turn the power off . it is always turned offf but could it still be takin power ?

[/quote]

could be a faulty battery which is failing to store the charge in the battery during non use!!!
best thing to do is fully charge the battery(bout 20/25 mins) and then lock the car up,then put an amp clamp on the negative terminal of the battery and check the voltage drop over a few minutes...should not be more than .03 amps after car goes into sleep mode!!!
if your round drogheda,give me a shout and i can check it or i could maybe get a lad in navan to check it for you!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cheers marko ..karma in the post , il see what herself wants to do about it , cheers for advice :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

maybe the alternator might not be charging the batt - happened to me before would start and drive next day dead new batt same thing :ponder: :ponder2:

My car was the same the last couple of weeks but I sorted it there two weeks ago. Just wouldn't hold a charge. I un-screwed the six screw tops on the battery and topped them off with water and it did the trick. Hasn't died since and the Voltage read out on the turbo timer showed a change from 11.9 to 14.7 strate away.

Back