Prodrive lodge entry for F1 2010

Gary O

Middle Lane Hogs
Confirmed today on crash.net that Prodrive will be on the grid for the 2010 f1 season.Good news for F1 but what gripes me is if they have the sort of money to enter an f1 team,run Le Mans prototypes then surely they could have entered two 2009 impreza's into the 2009 WRC,Petter has proven in a 3 yr old citroen that he still has a turn of pace,Chris Atkinson showed well in Ireland at the start of the year or they could have gone for Mats Ostberg who looks to have potential.Just gripes me that prodrive made their name in rallying & have turned their back on it,who knows if subaru had of stayed in bed with prodrive there could have even been the famous colour scheme of subaru WRT on an f1 car.

@ gary o, im fairly sure it was subaru the factory that pulled out, prodrive just had to follow :dontknow:

:thumbsup:

It's a bit of grey area,there are 2009 spec impreza WRC's sitting around,prodrive ran marcus gronholm in one in this years rally portugal.It looks to me they weren't prepared to fund a campaign without the backing of subaru who withdrew.My point is even without factory backing they could have still ran a team in this years WRC.

Your spot on Garry , there dose seem to be alot of €€€€'s lying around
or is there ??????

Firstly if you where prodrive , who lets be honest have poured so much time,money,expertise, blood,sweat & tears
into the development of the New Shape WRC Subaru ...........only to have it pulled right from under their feet , just as they where looking forward
to a new seaon .....................well im sure it did not go down well.

And im also fairly sure the top brass would of felt , "why should we !!!" ..............it will probably suite Subaru more than
prodrive simply from advertsing , having the car at all rallys etc......

Secondly: more than likley the money for the F1 team will come from an outside investor ............serious money to be made / lost in
F1....................serious money also from Tourisim (silverstone) , so you can be sure there's also a grant thrown in there and how could the Governing body
scrap Silverstone if Britian has two or more teams competeing :icon_grin: :icon_grin: :icon_grin:

Maybe im spending too much time readding between lines :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: but nothing is ever as simple as it looks

Niall.

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=15442.msg190554#msg190554 date=1243695038]

Firstly if you where prodrive , who lets be honest have poured so much time,money,expertise, blood,sweat & tears
into the development of the New Shape WRC Subaru ...........only to have it pulled right from under their feet , just as they where looking forward
to a new seaon .....................well im sure it did not go down well.

And im also fairly sure the top brass would of felt , "why should we !!!" ..............it will probably suite Subaru more than
prodrive simply from advertsing , having the car at all rallys etc......

Niall.

[/quote]

Though somethin like that myself!
Would be plenty of press/advertising for Subaru if the car went well, without having to spend any money
And if the car was off the pace it would only look bad on prodrive?

Any word whether Martin Birrane entered a team?

There was talk a few weeks ago he was going to bring Lola back inti F1 if the budget cap was introduced

I supppose the main man in all of this is Dave Richards,he failed in f1 with benneton renualt & then again with BAR Honda, so he's desperate to do well in f1,he's aligned himself with aston martin in le mans again a no brainer,but with Subaru goin south in the WRC pecking order he might well have thought to jump off the sinking ship.

Back