brakes question

Scoobyturbo

ISDC Club Member
hi need to do all brake pads and handbrake on my legacy any idea of costs?going away next week and badly need to do them

thanks

are you doing the work your self?

as two sets of standard pads will be no more than 100 euro

will be getting a mechanic to do it dont have a clue myself friend knows someone
il probably buy parts myself

i got pads for the front and rear for less then 100 euros in my local motor factors and fitted them myself, if going down this route i suggest you bring a pattern of the pads or a sample of each as the cagtaloges used by motor factors will list multiple types for each car.

ive a pattern here for the pads if ye need it, assuming the 1999 and 2000 are the same and your discs are 294 mm diameter. im not sure if the traders on the site do spurious pads but try them anyway ye never know they might have a set sittin around

If you are going cheap, then the front pads will only cost you €25 in the motor factors. I got a set of them, aztec i think they were called, to tide me over for 2 weeks until i put on my brembo's.

Brakes are quite important in a car though, especially a performance car so you should go and buy yourself a decent set if you can afford them

any recommendations?what about ebay?

might look at the black diamond ones i seen on there couple weeks back
cheers

Back