Heating

H

hiwd

Hey lads,

Having a weird problem with my heating. When I turn it to warm I am getting a burning smell and the windows start to fog up straight away. Still getting warm air. Any ideas??

Cheers,

Stephen.

Hopefully not,but it sounds like a Heater Matrix problem!

Check that your passinger footwell is not wet!

Hey lads,

Thanks for the replies. No water in the passenger side or drivers side footwell. It doesn't happen when on cold. And when it is on warm there's no smoke or anything and I'm still getting heat...

Stephen.

heater box alright, common enough on imprezas i hear. the carpet won`t always be wet as the coolant is evaporating off the rad and that`s what`s smelling/fogging. throw in a bottle of rad weld and see if it fixes it. i know of a few cars that have led a long and healthy life with a heater box fixed with rad weld.

[quote author=slithertooth link=topic=15335.msg189042#msg189042 date=1243293348]
heater box alright, common enough on imprezas i hear. the carpet won`t always be wet as the coolant is evaporating off the rad and that`s what`s smelling/fogging. throw in a bottle of rad weld and see if it fixes it. i know of a few cars that have led a long and healthy life with a heater box fixed with rad weld.
[/quote]

I'll give it a go. Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Is it ok to drive just leave the heat off?

It's a pig of a job to do. The matrix is the last thing to come out, dash everything has to come out first :icon_omg:
Cheers
John

[quote author=JohnM link=topic=15335.msg189267#msg189267 date=1243354808]
It's a pig of a job to do. The matrix is the last thing to come out, dash everything has to come out first :icon_omg:
Cheers
John
[/quote]

Fantastic... lol

Back