Landrover Defender 90 or 110 Tdi - Has to be a Commercial!

Jamie I have one and love it! If you want to take it for a spin before you buy one let me know :thumbsup:
Cheers
John

if you were looking for a cheap one they sell the old ESB jeeps in claremorris auctions... not to sure on price depending on condition i think..... you could giv it a respray and wouldnt look to bad...

[quote author=JohnM link=topic=15245.msg187767#msg187767 date=1242923999]
Jamie I have one and love it! If you want to take it for a spin before you buy one let me know :thumbsup:
Cheers
John
[/quote]

Thanks John... you're a legend... :thumbsup: if I'm ever down your way I may take you up on the offer.

Tell us... what are they like on juice and are they reliable engines. Never driven a diesel one... only an old Series III petrol one! Any idea which is better engine... the 200tdi or 300tdi???

Cheers,

J..

[quote author=padraic link=topic=15245.msg187778#msg187778 date=1242927656]
if you were looking for a cheap one they sell the old ESB jeeps in claremorris auctions... not to sure on price depending on condition i think..... you could giv it a respray and wouldnt look to bad...

[/quote]

Good thinking Padraic... I'll look ito it! :thumbsup:

I've a TD5 one and I'm getting about 30miles to the gallon, but I've a discovery transfer box and a straight through centre section along with an EGR bypass kit to fit which is to make a vast difference to fuel consumption :thumbsup:
They are noisey and rattley but i'd have one before any other "jeep" on the market :thumbsup:
Cheers
John

As I was telling you at the weekend John, seen one of these last week.

One of the coolest motors on the road :icon_pray:

[quote author=JohnM link=topic=15245.msg187918#msg187918 date=1242979147]
I've a TD5 one and I'm getting about 30miles to the gallon, but I've a discovery transfer box and a straight through centre section along with an EGR bypass kit to fit which is to make a vast difference to fuel consumption :thumbsup:
They are noisey and rattley but i'd have one before any other "jeep" on the market :thumbsup:
Cheers
John
[/quote]

Nice one John... :thumbsup: that Disco transfer box seems like a popular conversion!

What's an EGR bypass kit?? :ponder2:

these are a REAL offroad agri jeep!!!
wouldnt for the love of god drive one without a gumshield!!!!!
:tongue: :tongue:

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=15245.msg187949#msg187949 date=1242984748]
these are a REAL offroad agri jeep!!!
wouldnt for the love of god drive one without a gumshield!!!!!
:tongue: :tongue:
[/quote]

That's why they appeal to me! :icon_biggrin:

Guys this is what i learned to drive in... its my dads... Amazing

118562076a3929613024b29043569o.jpg

The EGR blanking kit stops the exhaust gases being recirculated back into the engine and smothering it.
Here's a pic of mine before I put the lift kit in it.
Cheers
John

Just a two inch, any more and it's a case of changing all odf the suspension components, plus It's enough when you are using it as a daily driver :049:
Just lifts it nicely :thumbsup:
Cheers
John.

Back