stall in power

A

aidan

hey lads, driving on the motorway today and i found when in 5th gear and revs just under 3000 just cruising, and when i put the foot down the powere would build up and when i reach just over 4000 revs the power would stall for 1 or 2 seconds then the power would just build up as normal.... is this normal or is summit wrong??? please help as its still under warranty

Re: 2 MAFS in 2 months

Same thing happened to my car. Got diagnostics done and turned out to be faulty knock sensor.

so is that expensive to replace is it main dealer job?

if it was a knock sensor would a dashboard light be on? cause its not.... see its a new car and i dont know the work done to it... like if it was remapped and theres a prob or summit

so do you reakon a diagnostics on it to find the prob?????? whats the cost on that?

had the car in today for a diagnostics, nothing showed up!!!! but problem still there :hammerhead:

As Dave says above have you investigated the plugs, coil pack, vac lines????

if the problem was serious enough...then the fault memory should have recorded something!!!!
wonder if it was the fuel pump or something fuel related!!!!
:ponder2: :ponder2:

the car can sometimes jutter when im taking off in first gear, like as if it was a problem wit fuel!!!!! sh*t i never said that to bloke in garage today :icon_redface:

did you notice some kind of misfires? does it happens just when the turbo engages?

yeah it seems to happen just when the turbo engages, like you feel the turbo engage.... then power stall then power again but it just doesn seem to be right,

like this morning i tried it again, it seem to rev up as the turbo engaged then revs stalled then continued to rev, but just didn seem to be right...

Back