Exhaust setup options

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
was thinking of getting a custom made system but don't want the exhaust to get to loud.

3 options:

1. catless downpipe + standard centre section + standard mufflers
2. catless downpipe + catless centre section + custom mufflers to match
3. catless downpipe + catless centre section + standard mufflers

Obviously option 2 would give the most gains but also the most noise, would like to keep the stealthy-ness of the Legacy and keep costs down but still free up a few more ponies. Would there be a huge difference in power between 1 and 2 or would it be minimal? remap after of course and probably better fuel pump and injectors too

option 1 or 3.... just depends how quiet you want it i`d imagine....

i dont think removing the mufflers in a centre section give more power... i think they just for noise reduction (maybe someone knows for definite?? :ponder2:

Definatly get rid of the standard downpipe but keep it safe for nct :thumbsup:

look for something like hks silent power (or something like that)
I had also fujitsubo exhaust (2.5inches - one long pipe as catback) which was also pretty quiet two resonator boxes and muffler at the end.

if 2.5 inches diameter is fine with you, you can probably pretty easy find some pretty quiet exhaust... you can also go for sports cat to make your life easier.

cheers

not really many aftermarket exhaust available for the Legacy with the dual exit exhaust hence the need to get one made up, zero sports do a downpipe for 900 euro!!! i think maybe just catless all the way to the back boxes should be good!

yeah... I just missed somehow it's about Legacy... my bad... anyway - maybe something custom made?
It's actually just a couple of pipes ;)

Sti Tuning got a template made up for my system so just a matter of deciding what to go for. I'm thinking a 2.5 from turbo back tapering down to connect to standard back boxes. Very few people modifying these cars in Europe! or very few floating around in general!

Back