Paint Correction.

johnjoe64

Petrolheads
Hi Folks I got a price of a guy from the southside to do my Legacy now without looking at the car he rekons about 900 euros and maybe 3 days to do the work and maybe a top up every 6 months or so what do you guys think Rgs Johnjoe64.

€900 :shock2: :shock2: Was he taking the p1ss??

You could take it to england on the boat and get it done by one of the top guys in the UK and back again for less than that.

The detailer.ie guy used to charge €400 for a saloon car and he was very good.

My opinion is get on to detailing world, learn as much as you can, very helpful guys over there, buy yourself a dual action polishing machine and have a go yourself. There's loads of tutorials there you could have a look at.

On second thought, I'll take my machine over to you and give you a hand free of charge and get an excellent finish rather than seeing you fork out €900. I do my own and the paint always looks brand new afterwards. Let me know :thumbsup:

LOL :multijump: Many Thanks I kinda felt he was acting the gobshite thats what I love about this site they say it like it is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Its an outrageous price, and not to mention he'd probably not have a clue what he's doing.

I was serious about the offer, I'm in dublin so if you want a hand some day, then just gimme a shout..

Thats very kind of you it would do me no harm to learn how to use the machine where in Dublin are you based Cheeers. :thumbsup:

You can buy em in any motor factors.... bout 90 quid for ones that have adjustable speed. Sealey Tools make em... so you can get em in Ashgrove Interparts or J&S on York Rd in Dun Laoghaire.

I have one... handy yoke. More than welcome to borrow it but you do need to get new buffer heads for it! :thumbsup:

www.polishedbliss.co.uk

Thats the guy I got mine from... Absolute gent to deal with and got on to me straight away when there was a problem with the shipping... I rang him looking for advice and he was more than willing to talk me through a few options.. His website is great for tutorials etc on how to use the stuff too :thumbsup:

Back