knocking sound

P

paddy

can anyone throw some light on this, mates punto has developed a knocking sound, he says it sounds like its coming from the drivers side back wheel arch area

anyone familiar with punto problems

thanks in advance :thumbsup:

I know this might sound a bit silly but have you checked the rubber mounts for the backbox? I have this problem in my sisters punto that i use as a runaround at the moment where the mounts are worn and this allows the box to move around and bang the bumper but it does sound like a suspension noise and thats what i originally thought. This also happened to me in a corsa a few years back when i had only started driving..

Is it a constant noise? Does it only happen when hot or cold or does it come and go?

Exactly as Rob says. I had the misfortune of owning a few Puntos and i had the same problem with the exhaust banging off the bumper. Definately worth a look at anyway.

rear subframe bushes mate!!!!
theres a modifcation kit for them,its like a rubber spacer!!!!
fitted tons of them ....dirt cheap !!
take about 20 mins to fit and can be done by yourself..nothing complicated at all..
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=15030.msg185599#msg185599 date=1242199304]
I know this might sound a bit silly but have you checked the rubber mounts for the backbox? I have this problem in my sisters punto that i use as a runaround at the moment where the mounts are worn and this allows the box to move around and bang the bumper but it does sound like a suspension noise and thats what i originally thought. This also happened to me in a corsa a few years back when i had only started driving..

Is it a constant noise? Does it only happen when hot or cold or does it come and go?
[/quote]
you hit the nail on the head there Rob, got it sorted today :clap:

thanks to everyone else for advice :thumbsup:

paddy

[quote author=paddy link=topic=15030.msg185747#msg185747 date=1242230548]

paddy
[/quote]

Oh ye baby, slam dunk!! :icon_headbang: :icon_headbang: :lol:

Glad you got sorted Paddy :thumbsup:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=15030.msg185765#msg185765 date=1242234212]
[quote author=paddy link=topic=15030.msg185747#msg185747 date=1242230548]

paddy
[/quote]

Oh ye baby, slam dunk!! :icon_headbang: :icon_headbang: :lol:

Glad you got sorted Paddy :thumbsup:
[/quote]

ah stop your embarassing me :icon_redface: im only learning :dontknow: :thumbsup:

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=15030.msg185640#msg185640 date=1242213270]
rear subframe bushes mate!!!!
theres a modifcation kit for them,its like a rubber spacer!!!!
fitted tons of them ....dirt cheap !!
take about 20 mins to fit and can be done by yourself..nothing complicated at all..
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Can anyone tell me more about this modification kit?
Ive got some serious knocking from my rear beam (classic Impreza) when I power on/off. Only 50K miles on the car so it seems odd that they would need replacing.

Back