Squeaking release bearing

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Only got the clutch and release bearing and clutch done a few months ago and it squeaks sometime quite loudly, I tried lubing the release bearing with a bit of spray grease a few times, noise would go but then come back in a week or two. Also i get some shuddering through the clutch when taking off in first gear. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Wrong grease being used ?? really dont want to have to leave the car in to get this sorted again, but its wrecking my head!

Who fitted the clutch for you Dan? Was it a standard or uprated organic clutch?

Shuddering usually means the flywheel hasn't bedded in properly with the new clutch, could the flywheel have been warped?

got it done up in Ali burrows, how long does it usually take to bed in? i have done about 2-3k on it at this stage. As far as i know it was standard replacement clutch, must check that up with ali, He said flywheel was perfect so didn't get that replaced or the pressure plate

i know , too late for that now!
If i can t get the pressure plate and flywheel at a decent price i might throw it into my uncles place to get it done on the cheap, if there is no other easy fix for it. but just cant understand why the new bearing is squeaking so much :ponder2:

think its a dual mass floating flywheel :ponder: sure if your taking it out to skim it, might aswell just replace it!

did it shudder before you sprayed the grease in? that would cause a shudder for sure
iv had a new clutch and release bearing fitted too and its squeeking when i clutch it, gets annoying alright

as above,
ali was doing ya no favours just replacing the disk and bearing for the sake of 100 euro or so!!!!
pity coz theres no real fix for the squeak!!!
wouldnt advise you to be oiling the bearing too much....
pity mate!!!
:icon_redface: :icon_redface:

Back