Blue smoke on startup in B4

silverbullitt

Petrolheads
hi guys and gals(are there any girls here :dontknow: )
my poor B4 is blowing out a lot of blue smoke on start up from cold, this usually goes away after a few seconds , and doesnt appear again until the next time its cold started (except for a few times ive spotted it pulling away in traffic )
and its going through quite a lot of oil as well ,
im probably looking at oil seals or piston rings i reckon, but what do ye think ???

oh and how much roughly to get it fixed by site traders , and which would be nearest to me ..
bearing in mind im near waterford
cheers for the help lads

[quote author=silverbullitt link=topic=15022.msg185435#msg185435 date=1242132681]
ok so anyone got an idea on how much to get the valve seals replaced ......
[/quote]

No idea you would need to ask a trader..post in STI tunning forum and ask..I imgaine quite costly as the head would have to come of

Coming from Waterford the nearest site trader is Ciaran RS RA (ASD Automotive) he's on the southside of Dublin. About the best there is too, he has my car today doing an oil change & a couple of other bits before a big trip at the weekend :thumbsup:

Depending on the amount of oil its burning, it might give you an idea of what it is. When I had a cracked ring i was going through a litre of oil every 3-5days :hammerhead:

less than this would probably be valve stem oil seals but can't be sure until its opened up :thumbsup:

oh bugger ..... well i dont know if its quite as much as a litre every 5 days , but its burning a fair bit ....
best get onto the experts so and see what they reckon...
yikes , hope i dont have to sit down when i see the bill

the exact same thing happened to my mates b4. it`s up in ali burrows as we speak. he had a cracked piston. get on to ali, he`ll sort you out!

Back