Carrick-on-Suir Wm.Loughman Forestry Rally - 4 Mar 07

J

JohnyB

Just back from setting up the first and last stages for this event tomorrow, 1st time out must say I am totally wrecked and back up again @06:00 to make sure everyting is still in place before the rally starts. I got a chance to go and see the cars under Scrutiny/ Parc Fermé conditions (the before picture :D)
There are some really sweet looking scoobys in the line up, I will bring the camera and try to snap as many pics as possable but the weater for tommorrow is really crap looking and I dont know where I will be stationed ( its my first time as a marshell @ a rally ) I know I will be on the first and last stage somewhere, below is the scoby line up:

Car No: Driver /Navigator (Car) [Class]
3 Trevor J Harding/Mickey Joe Morrissey (Subaru Impreza WRC) [7]
4 Kevin O Kane/Martin Brady (Subaru Impreza WRC) [7]
9 Andrew Purcell/Eoin O Neill (Subaru Impreza gp a) [6]
14 Sean Devine/Damien Duffin (Subaru Impreza) [8]
20 Willie John Dolan/Brian Doherty (Subaru Impreza N12) [8]
24 Connie Delaney/Ray Grace (Subaru Impreza) [8]
29 Mark Murphy/TBA (Subaru Impreza ) [6]
38 Stephen Dolan/TBA (Subaru Impreza N8) [8]
47 Damien Quinn/Peter Conlon (Subaru Impreza) [7]
48 John Curran/John Finnegan (Subaru Legacy) [6]
52 Brian O Keeffe/Carol O Keeffe (Subaru Impreza) [6]
58 Martin Sheahan/Barry Murphy (Subaru Legacy) [6]
60 Vinnie Hayes/Declan O Reilly (Subaru Impreza) [6]

I am really looking forward to seeing this one:

66 Thomas Sheehan/Deirdre Sheehan (Nissan Micra) [1]

# 9 is the one to watch out for a left footed breaker :shock:

full listing
http://www.irish-rallying.com/article.php?article_id=061124/134341

right off to bed the joys of motorsport
:subaru: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru:

Did you see the WRC focus?? they had some equipment. Im servicing for a freind tomorrow he ownes one of the Minis heheh hes 88 get a few snaps if you can ;) they would be worth money if your interested :D

yeah, looked some job. how do ye afford to keep those cars?

yeah saw the focus some car he won the over all event, I have not got the finishing times yet but as soon as I do I will stick them up,

It rained solid from 06:00 to about 10:40 and some bright spark who will remain namless forgot to bring wet gear :doh: so no photos taken, any way I was at the start of each stage so the pics would not have been that cool, no action shots :lol:
the 88 mini yeah that was some yolk it looked cool comign down the mountain at the end of stage one?? heard storys that he caught,over took, and pulled away from a scooby in killarney last year I think (not sure how long ago it was) :cry:
Harding finished second after 2 punctures and a broken drive shaft and a bit of an off which took the front bumper, purcell was in second place until stage 3 when he had an off and quit the rally then.
out of 94 cars on 52 showed up for the final stage, the MI stewards jeep broken down on the stage as well :p

all in all a great weekend for a first timer got totally soaked,was cold to the bone started shaken out at one time, got home around 20:00 last night very long day, today legs and arms are in bits but, really enjoyed it I am all ready looking forward to the next one ( this time will bring the auld rain gear :D)

o yeah the micra was a works micra sounded sweet going off the start at the first stage did not see it at the last..though.

Back