Helpful advice needed!

MrMagoo

Middle Lane Hogs
Hey folks,
Looking to buy a 96 WRX impreza, front mount, decat downpipe, Walbro fuel pump, pipercross induction kit, blitz exhaust
and an apexi power fc, just wondering, this power fc has not been mapped yet, and is running base map, its running standard boost, My question is,
Is this the right power fc for this car?
Also the knock reading is high, (in 70's under full load) is this due to it not being mapped??
Any help appreciated.
Its a lovely car, just not sure has it been set up right?

Thanks

The Apexi base map is set up for Japanese fuel aswell as the normal Jap import cars. So really you are in huge danger and id suggest you get it mapped as soon as possible.

Im getting the lad who im taking the car off to map it before i take the car, will mapping it and putting it on the rollers show up any problems with the car or am i still taking the chance everyone does when buying a scooby??

Thanks

The only chance people are taking buying a Scooby is not having the right info to set it up or look after it right or of course not knowing what life its had or what the past owner has done to it, which is what leads to most problems with the Impreza. If you get it mapped and set up right that would be a good start. Who is the guy your buying the car from going to get to map it ??

It will depend if its mapped on a road or a rollers. If its mapped on a rollers it will run and perform fine on a rollers.

Either Westward Engineering or TTm but i would preferr westward.
So if the knock comes down and on cold startup there is no sign of knocking in engine, its a good base to purchase??

thanks

Best get someone to check the car out for you aswell though. I / no one could say if its a good buy or it isent a good buy without looking at im afraid.

Is it a garage your buying from or is it a private sale ?
How long has the car had FMIC and Apexi etc without being mapped ?

He has had the intercooler and powerf c on for about 2months or so.
That a good or bad thing?
Its still runs .8 bar boost :ponder:

I was just thinking could there have been damage done already but again hard to say. All you can do is have it looked over and hope for the best then.

I know feck all about scoobies but I would think if you have any doubts about a car dont touch it..not when there are so many others out there.

2 months on a base map?................dont touch it, walk away and keep looking.

Back