Exhaust Leak HELP!

A

andresmalo

Hey lads :thumbsup:

I have an 98 impreza uk turbo, and there is a leak somewhere on the driver side, I couldn't identify where exactly, but I guess is somewhere near the lambda as the car lost idle and I've noticed some misfires and also, lost power on acceleration.

Im wondering if you know some exhaust garage that can look after the exhaust in Dublin south? do you know any? I have an Atlas near work but Im not quite sure if they can really help with that.

Many thanks lads,
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Drop into a Kwik Fit or similar place and Im sure they wouldnt mind taking a look.

Thanks mate,

I left the car with Auto Exhausts, lets see what happens :)

I also would check first air intake (leaks?) rather and maf, maybe lambda sensor... anyway looks more likely than exhaust...

Hey lads,

back from the garage, it was not the exhaust what caused the cutoff and no response on acceleration, as the exhaust has been fixed but the problem is still there.
Im going to change the leads, I found one that has a little cut and could be the reason, I found a cheap set of leads on ebay. After that probably will be the MAF to test, lets see :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

hey scooby, no I didn't but I should.. where do you recommend to do it? I dunno where Im based in Dublin south.

Im wondering also, if the MAF can be cleaned..

and ALSO Im wondering how much would cost the diagnostic check :p

Im gonna f**ckt all the wires I know myself :lol:

Just follow the link Alan put up there, simple enough to do and then find the fault code! :thumbsup:

how much do you think a garage will charge me to read the ecu?

You can do this yourself mate...
the plugs are above the pedals...
just get a torch and have a good look
for them...

[quote author=andresmalo link=topic=14851.msg183707#msg183707 date=1241543383]
how much do you think a garage will charge me to read the ecu?
[/quote]

About €50 in C&R which is the nearest place to you..

Thanks scooby I will give a try to the wires and if not, i will popup to C&R with the car :subaru:

btw, please remove that pic from your avatar man is just insane haha

andres - could you remind me what model year you have? if 99/00 we can try to connect to your ecu and do some checks

Hey Rude :)

thanks for that mate, look after 5 minutes job I have saved myself 50€.. I followed the guide and the ecu shows 0.5 sec all the time which means that everything is fine (I didnt started the engine, just turn the ignition to ON position its that alright?) so far so god.

I have checked the "trouble code" and no one there says anything about the spark plug leads so if you have a lead that is failing, like I suppose my problem is, that means that the ECU wouldn't tell me anything?

Back