charity drive/weekender

DUFFMAN

Member Number 25Full ISDC Members 2015
ISDC Club Member
are we doing a charity this year or are going on a weekend driving session

i was thinking instead of japfeast this year we could do an over nighter around september in either killarney or donegal as the roads are great in either
we could do it for charity or not and for those of us on a budget ,in killarney any how, theres the gleneagle hotel next door to a camp site which is very good.

Sounds good to me. The first charity drive I did with the club was great. Nothing like all the cars rolling together and I got to know a lot of lads on a much better level over that weekend to so wheather it be for charity or just a club driving weekend I'd be upfor it Jonnie.

I'll be arranging a camping over night in August or September either way.

Sounds great! Really enjoyed the charity drive last year so making a weekend of it will be even better!! :thumbsup:

Good idea Jono. :thumbsup:

What charity would we do it for this year as I dont see any individual ones coming up to approach. :ponder2:

Could be a good idea to fund a animal care centre of something like that instead this year. :dontknow:

just a idea

travel to donegal in convoy

arrive in letterkenny for tea/meal app. 11 am
go gokarting 1 hour app
drive a couple of the donegal stages AT NORMAL ROAD SPEED
camping or hotel/b+b for the night
next morning paintballing lunch and head back
plenty of time for breaks and eating plenty of places for photoshots etc and diferrent drives

the lancia club im in do an annual rally every year,last year it was killarney,some people went down fri night myself on the saturday morning,it all started at 11 o clock and off we went for a drive, one of the lads off the site mapped all the roads so new which ones to go on ,it was the the weekend before the lakes rally and all the roads were being recied for the rally by the crews so there was lots of nice cars around but becides that the roads were some of the best ive ever driven.
sat night then was for a meal and prize given,as in best turned out lancia post 79 and pre 79 but in our case we could do best,classic,bug,blob,and so on,they also had furtised traveled and others, maybe some of the traders here could suply the prizes , in stead of the dinner we could do the baraque as eric said for the laugh, then sun we could go off for another good drive ,the 2007 charity drive was great up in donegal and i know we done one last year but not an over nighter
with mondello and japfeast messing us around last year this would make a nice change, i had planed to organise a tresure hunt in the cars for this month but the last few months i had problems with my own motor and hadnt got time to organise it so we could even do that on the sunday if some one is willing to organise it from the location were ever we go

[quote author=Legy C link=topic=14848.msg183696#msg183696 date=1241542406]
Super idea, love to go out spinning rather than park n chat for too long
[/quote]

:thumbsup: At last a man who speaks sense :thumbsup:

Sounds like great craic alrite :icon_biggrin:
weekend in west cork be fantastic. Down to Barleycove or Mizen Head!
You cant go any fruther south or west so its next stop New York.
Sure Paulo will back me up.
Its just amazing down there.

yeah sounds like a good idea , wouldn't mind a goooood oul spin in the scoob

Lads i have been in Contact with Barnardos the Childrens Charity
over the weekend about a possible Charity Event for the Kids .

Nothing has been finalized yet but basically US , Our Cars & the Kids

I'll have info next week .................so watch the Club Events Section

Niall.

Ofter wanted to do the gordon bennet route. Could waste a few hours on a sunday.

Camping / overnite sounds good crack. Dennis could have a good summer weekend sorted.

Keep up the good work Niall

:smokin:

Back