Lightened crank pulley

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Anyone have an aftermarket pulley on theirs? Looking to get a Perrin Lightweight crank pulley seems to be a cheap effective mod

The primary purpose of an aftermarket pulley is to reduce the size and/or mass of the stock unit. They serve two purposes: to reduce horsepower loss and increase throttle response. Notice the use of "reduce horsepower loss". Pulleys DO NOT add horsepower, rather they free up horsepower due to the reduction of rotational mass.

HP gain is 5-10HP. These HP figures are a range as there have been very few before/after dyno runs with lightened or under driven pulleys.[\quote]

I imagen it works the same as the lightened flywheel,
Load of boll1x
Only thing it did for my car is make it harder to take off with out shuddering, and makes it shudder more at low revs!
I'm sure it is very worth while on little 1.6 and 1.8 vteck/mivec's
Not so much on our cars!
How much was it going to cost fitted and all?
Dan

Worth mentioning! Davelegacy had these on a wagon he had!

I have a lightweight perrin crank pulley on my car. I cant say i noticed any difference.

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=14831.msg183496#msg183496 date=1241468475]
I imagen it works the same as the lightened flywheel,
Load of boll1x
Only thing it did for my car is make it harder to take off with out shuddering, and makes it shudder more at low revs!
I'm sure it is very worth while on little 1.6 and 1.8 vteck/mivec's
Not so much on our cars!
How much was it going to cost fitted and all?
Dan

Worth mentioning! Davelegacy had these on a wagon he had!
[/quote]

Not sure about fitting, im guessing about 2 hours, pulley only costs 100 euro

If you get an under-drive pulley then you will have to change belt sizes. IIRC when i was checking them out when i had a problem with my crank pulley, the Perrin is OEM fitment! :thumbsup:

TSL have them at decent prices.

Is this something that you'd concider when getting your timing belt changed?
Ie. if the belt has to come off anyway! to save on labour!

Dan

Back