Donegal Rally

derekrx

Petrolheads
The Donegal rally is on 19th - 21st of June - planning on headin up this year (depending on if i can get time off work :pray: )
Just wondering does anyone know anything about where the stages are being held this year ?
and nearest town + best place to organise for accommodation?

il defo head up for this also missed killarney as ive to get the car tested should be a good a good one need somewhere to stay aswel

the main place where the start and fimish and headquaters are is letterkenny so if you stay close by then you should have no problem :thumbsup:
any one camping i have a few acres 20 west of letterkenny if any one wants to pitch but its well up in the hills ,nightlife would be great!! :wazzup:

i have a garage in letterkenny so any one stuck/brokedown etc our doors are wide open for everyone i will have a look at the maps for the stages but i would say they will be close to the normal area for stages ,they have said they have changed them but i would say they will be in the general area as previously

entry regs are out now its over 900 for the entry time to start filling one out !

I've always stayed in or around Letterkenny for the rally, think I was as far out as ballyshannon though 1 year as the b&b's fill up fairly fast for this. Generally a great rally, hope to make it up this year.

prob head up missed killarney due to work..... donegal rally is one of the best.. letterkenny only spot to stay till be mad....

just saw this on RPM web site

DONEGAL RALLY RETURNS TO INISHOWEN - 12-May-09

The Topaz Donegal International Rally (19-21 June) will return to the Inishowen penninsula after a seven year gap.

This year the rally makes a welcome return to the ‘Edge of the World’ aka the Inishowen peninsula for three stages, as Ireland’s top drivers compete for championships points as part of the Irish Tarmac Rally Championship. The event will also incorporate an Historic Rally competition and the Fiesta Challenge on Saturday 20th followed by the Junior Rally on Sunday 21st.

Danny Gormley Clerk of the Course said. "We have changed the route significently for 2009 with many new stages. Only three are the same as last year. We believe that this route will provide the drivers and the spectators with some truely memorable rallying."

Good man scania... :thumbsup: Wil this make a difference in where to stay now,as in wil letterkenny still be central??

there is a hostel straight across from the grill nightclub. would be the cheapest if your just lookin to put the head down, if i remember the woman works in the shop thats part of it. maybe dennis would know her

Ya bear camping is brilliant, and it really makes it a good laugh, there loads of places too camp in letterkenny, you will see out beside the hospital, there is like a green area on one side of the road, that is always full of people camping, sheltered by the trees too and only a ten min walk from grill night club. I'll get the exact area for you soon. :thumbsup:

Working the weekend of this :wall: Won't whinge too much the way things are now its good to have a job,there are others worse off.Enjoy it who ever is going should b a good one :thumbsup:

I'm going again, this year will be my third year at it. the lads I go with have been every year for the past 5/6 years and it's the most fun weekend you'll ever have. I can't wait! :thumbsup:
It's just a pity I don't have my car anymore :angry1: :wall: :icon_cry:

Back