Any ideas??

Scouserlad2007

Petrolheads
Lads,

I clipped one of my mudflaps off a kerb at the weekend and the thing came clean off and its left a hole where the hole was. Does anybody have any ideas what I can do so that the top hole will support the bolt its supposed to, I cant seem to fit the mudflap back on properly without this hole being secure!!!

Pics:
DSC00891.jpg

DSC00892.jpg

Cheers lads

Jonnie

you can get a piece of metal....i dont know what there called but they are used a lot in the trade. its basically a strip of metal folded over with a hole drilled in it. one side of the hole has a threaded piece that will take a self tapper screw. you slide this thing on so it pinches the area where your hole used to be and fix you mudflap to it.
when you tighten the screw it squeezes the piece of metal pulling the mudflap tight to the body. i have loads here just dont know what there called. :icon_redface:

jesus the two lads were in there quick :hammerhead:

Any chance I could grab a couple off you John??

@ Northdublin, cheers for the offer, just Fensters closer to my house.

Nice one lads.

Jonnie

i think all the screws in the mud flaps should have these.....they help spread the load and a self tapper into the bodywork is just not up to the job. get a few spares...there a handy thing to have

Back