Version 4 apexi power fc

murray555

Petrolheads
well lads i ave a apexi power fc and palm controler,came out of a version 4 type r. im looking for €550 or will swop 4 a upgrade ecu for a version 5 :subaru:

if it fits the version 4 it will also fit the version 3

George

[quote author=GT performance link=topic=1661.msg15879#msg15879 date=1174164647]
if it fits the version 4 it will also fit the version 3

George
[/quote]Ah I'm sure it would fit but what about the map set up.. its obviously not at default setting so would it take much more of a tweak to suit mine??

the base map thats on the power fc's when you buy them new is just a starter for the mapper to make life a bit handier for him instead of him having to go setting it up from scratch. it would take no more work to re-map this ecu to suit your car as it would to map a new one.

[quote author=GT performance link=topic=1661.msg15891#msg15891 date=1174218094]
the base map thats on the power fc's when you buy them new is just a starter for the mapper to make life a bit handier for him instead of him having to go setting it up from scratch. it would take no more work to re-map this ecu to suit your car as it would to map a new one.
[/quote]I was thinkin less of a job. would it be miles off if I stuck it straight in or is there a big difference between every single car

your car would more than likely run ok off boost but you couldnt drive it on boost as you wouldbe risking blowing your engine up. you have no idea what way the Apexi was mapped the 1st time and for what spec car. you HAVE to get an ecu mapped to suit your own car and its not just a case of a little tweak here and there as some lads might tell you.
you would be better off going the route of a power fc though Chris as your car has been modified in Japan and mapped there for 101ron. in order for your car to be safe you have to get it mapped to suit the fuel your going to use be it 95ron or 95ron+lucas or even 95ron+ concentrated race fuel

George

ok thanks thats fair enough.... but why would ya map a car to run on 95 + octane, surely one of the reasons for a remap is to stop usin octane boost, it would be for me anyway....

[quote author=chriSTi link=topic=1661.msg15905#msg15905 date=1174226585]
ok thanks thats fair enough.... but why would ya map a car to run on 95 + octane, surely one of the reasons for a remap is to stop usin octane boost, it would be for me anyway....
[/quote]

AFAIK if you run your car on higher octane and mapped to your mod's you get higher BHP.....

See the Jap fuel is 100-101 and ours is 95 so even wit octane booster your only getting upto 97-98 so your still damaging your engine just not as much so if you have it mapped for 95+octane booster your getting your car mapped nearly to Jap level

Back