Im getting 1 BAR on Both Turbos?

AndyC

ISDC Club Member
Have my B4 Legacy 3 months now and got a boost gauge fitted recently.

Im getting 1 BAR boost on both turbos. Primary spools to 1 BAR then drops off to 0.5 BAR in the VOD then builds back up to 1 BAR for the Secondary.

Am I correct in saying this is not standard boost?

Car is driving normally with no CEL or fuel cut.

???

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=14739.msg182274#msg182274 date=1241005486]
Have my B4 Legacy 3 months now and got a boost gauge fitted recently.

Im getting 1 BAR boost on both turbos. Primary spools to 1 BAR then drops off to 0.5 BAR in the VOD then builds back up to 1 BAR for the Secondary.

Am I correct in saying this is not standard boost?

Car is driving normally with no CEL or fuel cut.

???
[/quote]
Thats the accuracy of your gauge..should be .8 bar then 0 boost then 1.1

I know what you mean Dagnut but just in case theres confusion-it wont ever read as 0 boost while accelerating through the stages-it will drop off to about .5 on the guage-it just doesnt get the chance to drop to 0 before the secondary stage.

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=14739.msg182292#msg182292 date=1241008220]
I know what you mean Dagnut but just in case theres confusion-it wont ever read as 0 boost while accelerating through the stages-it will drop off to about .5 on the guage-it just doesnt get the chance to drop to 0 before the secondary stage.
[/quote]

sound

Sorry about that andy, mine was always 0.6 and 0.8, someone told me that before and when i put my gauge on, thats what it actually boosted too before it was mapped so thought it was right. I stand corrected

What kind of readings are you getting? Cleaning solenoids should help, just make sure not to lose any restrictor pills or anything like that and that the piping goes back onto the solenoids in the same number sequence.

[quote author=goldenjohn link=topic=14739.msg182329#msg182329 date=1241016642]
1st 2nd Gear 0.4 & 0.6
3rd & 4th 0.5 & 0.7
5th 0.7 & 0.9/1bar
[/quote]

As was said above it could be your gauge calibration! :dontknow:

Mayby, Hopefully. I dont have a notion, Ciaran (Rs-RA) Will have the car tomorrow so may ask him too take a look. :thumbsup:

Back