PAINTING CALLIPERS

cwrx

Sunday Drivers
good evening to all members just a quick question if i paint the second hand callipers i got there juring the week off an sti for my wrx through joe scooby a good friend will they go a pinky colour after a while and what colour do ye all reccomend to paint them the car is silver and alloys are gold. any comments taken on board :icon_headbang: :icon_lol:

Myself and EricWRX painted mine on saturday, went for the red with white writing- original. :thumbsup:
Cheers
John

i was going to go red and gold did it take long from start to finish and do you yhink thay will go pinkish? :ponder2:

red is the colour to go for and dont worry they wont go pink unless your tracking it all the time

I did mine in Red and Gold not so long ago. I used Gold Leaf paint from Halfords.

wheel2.jpg

wheel.jpg

it was you your pics me and joescooby seen a week ago wetpatch they look class would the same colours look good on joes green scooby thanks i hope to start cleaning them down in the next evening or two.will post up before and after pics. :icon_headbang:

Cheers.

Yeah the Red will stand out great, you will be suprised how much of a difference it will make to the apperance of the car. I did mine when they where attached to the car and it took me a good afternoon to do it by myself. The longest part is waiting for the paint to dry to apply the next coat.

how much was the grooved discs and where did ya get them isee in your pics if ya dont mind me being noisey :smile:

Got them off ebay, think they where 400 euro they came with mintex extreme pads and braded hoses.

But if ur getting them make sure u get the ones that have been rust proofed where the wheel meets the disk, mine wherent and they spoil the look of the whole wheel now.

400 for everything if so that was not bad. did you put some sort of gloss or lacker on when you were finished? im going to do them before i puy them on cause use car every day :icon_razz:

Nah i never bothered, just 2/3 coats of high temp paint from Halfords. But it would definatly improve the look if u did, also help protect them from break dust.

calipers look nice :thumbsup:

[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=14686.msg181743#msg181743 date=1240868702]
MarkC like JohnM did his in white also, it shows up really well.

Picture008.jpg

[/quote]

i must do mine again, the red i used was not great it looks more like a pinky colour :icon_rolleyes:

Back