SSQV BOV

AlanMcB4

Sunday Drivers
Lads need a bit of advice.

Bought a spurious SSQV BOV off a website. I've been told that they're all right and know some people who haven't had any problems with em. I know im in for some stick for goin cheap and not buying a HKS so bring it on :icon_redface:

Anyway im a bit miffed on how to fit it. I didn't get a fitting kit with it or a blanking plate. Anyone out there fitted one, i can probably make up a mounting bracket for it, just a little unsure on how to connect it up etc.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
alan

They are handy enough to install, you run the hose that normally goes from the intercooler to the recirculating BOV to the new BOV and blank the hole into the intake system, then its just find the Vacuum hose going to the old BOV and connect it to the new BOV.

You may need to extend the old vacuum hose. and blanking the hole into the intake system isn't the easiest without the correct rubber cap.

Hope this helps mate :thumbsup:

32mm Marley Cleaning Eye plugs the hole nicely in the intake system. Thats what i used. You can get one in any plumbing suplies store or if your in Dublin ill get you one :thumbsup:

[quote author=ScoobyMick link=topic=14570.msg180327#msg180327 date=1240438281]
32mm Marley Cleaning Eye plugs the hole nicely in the intake system. Thats what i used. You can get one in any plumbing suplies store or if your in Dublin ill get you one :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Fair play Mick :thumbsup:

i fully fitted my own today??
no help an none of the righ parts,
but i did it all and very good looking (IMIO)

where ya based?
if close by i can come have a look
:thumbsup:

Cheers for the replys lads, with the advise i recon ill get it sorted! Karma all round!

@Tony - im over in Clondlakin mate.

Thanks Scoobymaniac - will have a go at it after work. If I've any hastle ill give you a buzz.

Sound bunch on here.

Back