Rev's Jumped?!

antonm

Petrolheads
I was wondering what would make the revs jump? I was in fourth and accelerating when the revs jumped from ~4000 to 4700 and then back again. I tried doing it again and they did not jump. Is this just dirty fuel as the tank is nearly empty?! :ponder:

She had a full service in January, timing belt, sparks etc and just had service two weeks ago, 64,000 miles on clock. Do you think clutch needs replacing? :roll:

Well, if it continues, then I'd say yes, sorry. I had no problems accelerating up through the gears, but if I wanted to overtake I'd suddenly find the car would rev without much power coming through to the wheels, it only happened occasionally but progressively got worse. Managed to get the clutch changed in the nick of time - the old plate had hardly anything left on it :D

Cheers, just took her out for a spin there and it happend again, only in forth though!! Paulo how to you keep the little icons beside the personal links to stay?

Mate some one once told me to drive the car at bout 40mph in 5th then accelarate and if the revs shoot up thats a sign da clutch is on har way out..... :ponder:not sure if thats true... :dunno:

Someone told me to do that to so I did it in 5th and 6th and the revs did not jump at all!!!? :ponder:

[quote author=AntonM link=topic=62.msg205#msg205 date=1152984898]
Cheers, just took her out for a spin there and it happend again, only in forth though!! [/quote]

It was happening to me mainly in fourth, the power was quite erratic, so I became quite nervous about overtaking manouvres... sometimes the power was there and she'd fly, then other times she'd just redline immediately and you'd have to pull off the revs and take it easier.

[quote author=AntonM link=topic=62.msg205#msg205 date=1152984898]
Paulo how to you keep the little icons beside the personal links to stay?
[/quote]

Which ones are disappearing? Your personal avatar - the scooby - or the ISDC member tag? everything looks fine here... :ponder:

It's not in the ISDC site. I mean just in general, for my personal links on my web browser. You know if you have Voda and the little red comma is there for a while if you save it as a link but mine goes after a while and the e on a page just appears.

No worries, I think its just something to do with the cookie security setting on my computer :thumbsup:
Thanks for the help re: clutch, looks like I need a new one. How long do they normally last?! :(

...about 64000 miles??? :ponder: Seriously, it depends how you drive, they can also burn out quick if they haven't been fitted properly. So in this case it pays to go to someone who knows their Scoobies :thumbsup:

Is that good or bad? I thought they would normally go after 60-65 of over normal driving[quote author=sc00by555 link=topic=62.msg225#msg225 date=1153073655]
...about 64000 miles??? :ponder: Seriously, it depends how you drive, they can also burn out quick if they haven't been fitted properly. So in this case it pays to go to someone who knows their Scoobies :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Back