Brake Master Cylinder fitting

S

Scoobymaniac

Will a new age brake master cylinder and booster fit a classic?

Has anyone done it?

Cheers in advance lads :thumbsup:

I have one classics booster only - if you don't really need to replace the master cylinder.
it's for my99/00 but may fit also some earlier I believe... anyway - you can have a look and try it...

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=14538.msg179906#msg179906 date=1240349189]
good question phil !!!!
if its any good...a newage and classic brake stopper plate are different!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

What part is the brake stopper plate Marko?

Is that the front part of the booster that bolts onto the bulkhead?

[quote author=RudeBoy link=topic=14538.msg179917#msg179917 date=1240349669]
I have one classics booster only - if you don't really need to replace the master cylinder.
it's for my99/00 but may fit also some earlier I believe... anyway - you can have a look and try it...
[/quote]

Nice one mate, I'll see how i get on with my plan and i'll probably be in touch :thumbsup:

im looking at going down this road myself to improve the stopping force, friend of mine has a wrx bugeye and im gona see is there much difference in them sumtime this week and il let ya know what the crack is

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=14538.msg180012#msg180012 date=1240356249]
yeah phil,
bolts to the valance!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Cheers Marko :thumbsup:

[quote author=justin_gc8 link=topic=14538.msg180013#msg180013 date=1240356487]
im looking at going down this road myself to improve the stopping force, friend of mine has a wrx bugeye and im gona see is there much difference in them sumtime this week and il let ya know what the crack is
[/quote]

Thanks Justin, I'll be waiting to hear from you so :thumbsup:

i have the brake booster out of my blob sti if someone wants to take there classic one out they can match it up :subaru:

Just thought id post this link as i just recieved one of these i had on back order.

http://www.milsport.co.uk/cgi-bin/jump_nav.cgi?cat=9x10&resource_id=420&product_type=Classic

This may solve your problem of lack of stopping power by allowing your stock master cylinder to work to its full potential.
Great improvement in stopping power.
I originally got one of these master cylinder stoppers from China and it was a poor copy made from aluminium alloy of some sort. Very light in weight and flexable which is the opposite of what these are supposed to do. So only did half the job.

So i got one from Milsport which is made from very heavy, substantial steel. Handy 10 minute job to fit. Tried it out earlier and pedal feel has improved and also the power available from the brakes doesnt require you flooring the brake pedal anymore. Feels much more like the way a new car brakes.
Ive yet to test it properly in the dry. :thumbsup:

bit pricey :ponder:

It'd be cheaper to fit a newage master cylinder. Seen a few different types of these online, most are cheaper. dunno about their quality though

Re: 2 MAFS in 2 months

If a new master cylinder looks possible then thats probably the best way to go but this bracket seems to do a great job so far. Combined with braided brake lines its a great upgrade. Worth every penny for the improvement it gives. I was thinking, if somebody in the club works in or owns a steel fabrication workshop these would be fairly handy to produce using this one as a template.

Re: 2 MAFS in 2 months

[quote author=Matt link=topic=14538.msg182618#msg182618 date=1241091140]
If a new master cylinder looks possible then thats probably the best way to go but this bracket seems to do a great job so far. Combined with braided brake lines its a great upgrade. Worth every penny for the improvement it gives. I was thinking, if somebody in the club works in or owns a steel fabrication workshop these would be fairly handy to produce using this one as a template.
[/quote]

Good idea Matt :thumbsup:

Back