Error Codes

Jay

Would someone have the error codes for a '96 WRX jap import. The ABS system warning light is on constatnly and the ABS does not seem to be working at the moment. I have to do the NCT in a couple of weeks. :dontknow:

Not a bother Jay :thumbsup:

Also Karma for you, hate to see a member with 0 Karma :dance:

A few reasons why it may be on,
1. The abs sensor has packed its bags, Not a cheap sensor either so see if you can source a working one too put in before buying one just too check.
2. Abs ring could have worn and be no good, Once again you can not get the abs ring on its own and you will have too get the full cv joint for that side, Few pound for that.
3. you dont want this, the abs control unit could be gone bye bye, Big bucks but i'd say get a second hand one of any of the lads on here with car for scrappage and you will be sorted cheap and you could change it yourself as its not a really big job.
4. Wiring too the wheel could have broken somewhere so you will need too strip down and follow the wires all the way back till you find a breakage.

My advice is go too a diagnostics place and see what the machine tells you, Ciaran (Rs-Ra) Dave legacy have these machines and can tell you, also any subaru garage. And start from there and see what the diagnostics show up, You will not get any fault codes in the car if there is a ABS problem.

Best of luck and let us know your outcome. :thumbsup:
John

Thanks Mark and John. Between two minds whether I'll sort it or trade up as is. Have either of ye had any dealings with Northside Autos in Balbriggan? There's a car there that I might be interested in.

ive had a personal bad experience with them,so i would never deal with them!!!!
on the other hand,lots of lads have dealt with them with no probs so i wouldnt say do or dont use them mate!!!!

I also personally had a bad experience with them but as mark says wont say anyhtin too put you off as i know a few that has had perfect dealings. :thumbsup:

Cheers lads good to know. Have ye heard of S&B motors in lusk or Motoright in Walkinstown there are STi's there as well that have caught my eye. I'd prefer an Irish or UK one but they are the only Car Dealer ones I've seen. :ponder:

I've heard good stories now from these, never dealt with them personally, but you will always get people like myself and mark that had bad dealings, and thats with every garage in the country. Imho view the cars your interested in, give them a drive, get ciaran (Rs-RA) or someone who knows their subaru inside and out too give the car a check over before you buy, but if your happy with one or two, find out as much about the garages. And then it could be the clincher on which car too go for.
I did things arseways, Knew nothin about subaru's, bought the leggy, and i had a few little things too get fixed up on it. but still spent a couple of thousand getting it the way i wanted, instead if i had known about them before i bought the car, i could have got the garage too fix it for me.
Unless they can give you a 3 month warrenty, and a guarantee for pass of NCT, then dont bother with the garage. :thumbsup:
John

Back