97 GT-B gearbow need help

des delaney

Petrolheads
i have a 97 gt-b and my gearbox feels funny when its in gear u can still move it like it isn't and when im putting it into gear it doesn't seem to go into gear right it feels like its not lying up right with the gears has any 1 got any ideas and if so is it easy to fix :subaru:

Possibly your gear linkage bushings are worn.
Have the same problem in my impreza, lots of play in the gear stick and if you weren't used to the car you'd easily miss a gear or select say 3rd instead of 5th.
Bushings are only about 6 euro each i think and there is 4 in an impreza linkage. but some boxes require the linkage joint to be changed which contains 2 of the 4 bushings.
This is what i need to get for mine. Its about 50euro ive been told.

Maybe get somebody to look at it if your not sure but it sounds like its just bushings.
You'll be able to go into any Subaru parts department with your chassi number and they will order you the parts you need once your sure thats whats wrong.
If your mechanically minded you could fit the new parts yourself but difficult without a ramp. Not a major job for a mechanic with a ramp. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Matt link=topic=14498.msg179466#msg179466 date=1240264004]
Possibly your gear linkage bushings are worn.
Have the same problem in my impreza, lots of play in the gear stick and if you weren't used to the car you'd easily miss a gear or select say 3rd instead of 5th.
Bushings are only about 6 euro each i think and there is 4 in an impreza linkage. but some boxes require the linkage joint to be changed which contains 2 of the 4 bushings.
This is what i need to get for mine. Its about 50euro ive been told

that was the same as my car its the gear lik. part was 120 and the fella that fit said it was a pain in hole to fit :thumbsup:

hi same with my 99 GT-B anybody know where would check for me
dont want to be told the gearbox is fooked when it could be bushings
in dublin

thanks

hi dave think i might have spoke to you a while back bout a few problems
is it ok if i drop out friday?
dont worry mate if your to busy.
thanks
Billy

Back