weight difference between uk and type ra??

S

scooby.d

Hi newbie just wondering what the difference in weight is between the 98- uk GC8 saloons and the jap type RA models im on a mission to loose as much weight as possible the car isnt my daily driver and i dont mind what i do without just as long as its light want it light for drag events and mabye take in the odd trackday.power is about 300-330 at the min..
Could anybody tell me the standard weight of a uk impreza?...belive its around 1300kg would like to try get as close to or under 1250kg as possible??
for the chop rear seats,seat belts,rear electric windows possibly front ones to,standard seats relace with lightweight buckets+harnesses,carbon bonnet?
any advise or information much apreciated thanks. :thumbsup:
Kevin.

sorry not sure of the weights but elec mirrors weight a good bite and cause drag, also dont now if you havs any in your car air con motors are heavy,maybe go for carbon boot and rear spoiler too.

also what have you done to get that sort of power out of a uk spec car

An ra or type r is under 1170kg .The irish and uk car are about 1270 kgs and have heaver steel ,get a new bonnet and boot lid take out the carpets and sound prof ,air con ,new seats,fuel tank, and you might get the car down to under 1200kg.. A Ra would be a better car to start with and would be easyer to get the weight down to under 1100kgs..

Less weight faster car..

Philip

thanks for the reply mate..
thinkin of goin down that route all right plenty of carbon fibre :)its a bit of a toss up  between gandar carbon mirrors or wrc ones??have a buddy club bonnet on it this while ,think the boot is the next option ;)
seen carbon front door cards cant seem to find back ones do?

engine mods are

Blitz induction kit
Blitz nur spec exhaust system
Heat wrapped downpipe
Heatwrapped gt-spec headers+up pipe
440cc yellow sti injectors
IHIvf 35 turbo
Fuel lab fuel press reg set at 3bar
walbro up rated fuel pump
Apexi power fc
Apexi avcr

car was mapped by Andy Forrest for 95ron+octain boost.
Im guessing 300+

looking at leightweight flywheel decent clutch kit and leightweight pullys to??

Thanks Philip and Johny5 a good help :thumbsup:
plenty of stripping to be at so..
Ye looking back now a ra would have been a better base better gearbox to but sure :wall: :D

Is there anywhere i could get the car weighed?say get it weighed before i strip it and after?

Thanks

Kevin

any weigh bridge at a big warehouse business like meat and timber factories etc......... slip your man e20 and put your car on... only take a min....

Cheers Dave will go on a search for one now before i start :thumbsup:

just said id ask my main rival at bishopscourt etc this year when i get up there will be a local evo5 with basic exhaust/induction mods..apexi power fc the cars just in from japan so needs a map over here but id recon around 350/360bhpi belive the 5's weigh around 1360kg or something like that.if i got down to 1200kg proper suspension set up good tyres,twin plate clutch etc would i still get my ass handed to me?
My impreza basically for drag/track and fast road use and i hope to build up my spec over the next while but thats basicly the power im running now so just said id start setting up the rest?? :)

Thanks
Kevin

if you really want to beat him the best way to go is ,get some big brakes and some drivin skills tuition,corners is were most people loose there race .get your suspenion sorted to and i dont just mean coilovers or lowering springs,good bushings are a must,good rool bar bushings, sway bar links ,steering rack bushings etc etc....also a camber kit to sort out the scoobys under steer problems .then you have a chance

Thanks for the info lookin to get it all set up for the track alright but fast road mostly suspension mods so far are:

Tein superstreet coilovers +topmounts
Do-lock front+rear anti roll bars+bushings
Tein front strut brace

On the look out for whiteline anti roll bar links then im gona fit the suspension?
Any sugestions for camber kit,stering rack bushings where to getem makes etc..cheers

brakes wise thinkin of doing it wright and putting ap racing 6pot on but dont really know what to do with the rear??any sugestions

To be honest the only time id be up against the evo would be the drag strip.just wondering do i have any chance against it??

Thanks for the advise Johny

the drag strip is a bit different theres a few thing ,power, the more the merrier and the oposite with weight.some sticky tyres (25psi) and a racing clutch would help.also take off and changing gear.so you need a good reaction time and a short shifter.but if your in a uk spec car the the gear ratios are not realy set up for drag racing towards a type r or ra.
on the brakes thing ap 6 pots are the best out there but big money,i had 4 pots aps on my 106 rallye and they were great but i have 4 pot competiton brakes on my scooby now with 330 mm discs and there just as good for half the money of the aps just make sure you use braided brake lines and dot 5.1 fluid.

richie in proparts has the camber kit in stock and llok up hardrace on ebay for the bushings

you could try a weightwatchers crash course and a 2 week fast b4 the race...... or...
get yourself some lumps of lead and stick them in your mates car......

thanks for the info guys..ye thats one thing i noticed is im in serious need of brakes its one thing getting up to a speed but its a whole different story coming back down..will be on the look out for a good brake set up all round :thumbsup:

@fathertedc :lol: very good im liking where youve comin from..worked it out do for the laugh im not the heaviest only weigh 8 and a half stone 61kg's!!lol i recon if i do the run in just my boxers and dont eat for a week i should get myself down under 60kg :lol: :nana:

might try the led thing do and pump his tyres up to 80psi lol..

Back