Problem

eamo

Sunday Drivers
Lads wonder if anyone has come across this problem,

Was on the motorway down from Dublin sunday cruising along at 80mph in 5th, when i pulled into fast lane and accellerated
to 90mph the revs died, i eased off the trottle and then back onto it but nothing happened.

When the speed reduced and i changed back to 4th the reves rose back to normal.

Eamonn

Very strange, I think if it was fuel cut it would be more brutal than nothing happpening. It would be like hitting a brick wall. Does not sound like overboost or Maf probs, could it be crappy fuel. Did you let the car nearly run out of petrol recently, this can sometimes stir up crap in the tank and cause it to run badly.

Alan

Thanks lads,

Thought it might just be crappy fuel.

It was fairly empty when i filled up and thought is was just a bad tank the first time. I filled up again
before i went to Dublin and it happened again.

Seems to be going fine at 70mph and under, if it was fuel starvation would it cut at high revs
in other gears.

Should I get it hooked up to the diagnostics at the garage.

Eamonn

if u wana drop the car up ta me il have a look at it for ya il put it up on the ramp mite just be the fuel filter,could b a sensor either il check it out if ya want

She might have detected detonation and reduced the boost. It happened me on a bad batch of fuel lately at 5,000 rpms in 5th but all is well again now after another fill of fuel and some tasty Lucas!

Frawls

Thanks for the offer Muckey Scooby, have it booked into Subaru dealer
near work tommorrow.

Hopefully nothing serious.

Eamonn

O2 Sensor lads, Frank in Eamonn Ryan's very helpful.

€229 plus Vat, there goes some beer money for the weekend.

Eamonn

just to let u know eamo, same happened to me 2 weeks ago and the same prob air sensor gone due to the induction kit said my dealer, i was having the same probs flooring when passing then the revs wud die changed back to panel and i think i feel a difference hadn't had a big spin yet to push it. my air flow cost meter cost 410 ex vat do......?

Morgan

Morgan,

the airflow meter is different, that is part of the induction pipework connected to
either your induction kit or airbox.

I got that done after i got the car which for the classic was about €130.They all
say the Scoobys dont like induction kits but you can't beat the noise.

The O2 sensor sticks out of the downpipe, hopefully will be running sweat again
when the part comes in.

Eamonn

Back