Best tyres

goldenjohn

Octane Boostaholics
Right, I have bridgestone potenza's on the car but i need too change the front two as there well worn, but i was wondering. Am i best too stick with this tyre or change.
The other tyre i was thinkin of was the toyo tr1,
The bridgestones are the grippiest tyre's i have ever had in the wet and dry, but have been told by many people (inc. site Traders) on here that the toyo's are as good. As the toyo's are much cheaper i am thinkin on these lines,
What do ye lads think i woulld be best going for??? and have you experience with toyo's?
I only want good quality tyre's!!!!!!!!! and have too be good in wet too as irish weather is the way it is.!!!!

Thank you
john

You won't go wrong with the toyos John, I'd say half the club are running them.

A little bit cheaper you have the Falkens, I know 555 scooby swears by them.

What is the size on them? Eagle F1 asymetrics are the best tyres full stop as per every tyre test done in the last 18mths but they're pricey & not available in every size.

On the ball brian.

215 45 17" is the size.

I dont know the falkens at all, i'll have a look into it, Also people post about them if they are a good tyre :thumbsup:

You're in luck then, the asymmetrics come in that size. Altezza Dan got a set a couple of months ago, not sure what he had on beforehand but I'm sure he'll let you know anyway.

I would have bought the asymmetrics but they didn't do 215/40/17's so I bought the Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas which are the 2nd best rated tyre in tyre tests.

In and around how much are those tyre's brian if you dont mind me askin, And where did you get them???

i have the asymmetrics they are very good wet and dry, got them from camskill, had them wihin 2 days if i rember i think they were 400euro deliverd to my door also 215/45/17.

I'm running Goodyear Eagle F1's 215/35/18's and they are great.

I hear the toyo's are good though, I reckon give them a try :thumbsup:

Goodyear Eagle F1's (the GSD ones not the Asymetric ones) have come down massively in price from what they used to be and are a great tyre and have that nice v shaped thread pattern which makes them unbeatable in the wet.

The Goodyear Eagle F1's Asymetric is probably the best all round performance tyre out there at the moment but they are very expensive.

The best dry weather tyre which also performs very well in the wet is the Mitcheline Pilot Sport. It is better than the Goodyear Eagle F1's Asymetric in the dry but again it is very expensive.

There are lots of tyre test write ups on the net for more info but unless you want the absolute best tyres and are prepared to pay a premium for them, the regular Goodyear Eagle F1 or Toyo Proxy T1R are superb tyres for the money.

i used the falkens on the classic i had before , had about 3 sets of them and to be honest couldnt fault them. im using the toyo t1r now on the legacy and find them excellent :thumbsup:

Thanks lads, the touo's seem too be the most easily worn tyres out of the lot of them so may not be lookin in that direction. Can only wait and see what the story is. :thumbsup:

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=14337.msg177884#msg177884 date=1239807741]

The best dry weather tyre which also performs very well in the wet is the Mitcheline Pilot Sport. It is better than the Goodyear Eagle F1's Asymetric in the dry but again it is very expensive.
[/quote]

They aren't that expensive i got them 95 per corner from camskill and then about 50 for fitting. best tyre ive had on any car to date. the thread doesnt look as nice as the GSD3's F1's i had on my altezza but the asymmetrical are a much better tyre in my opinion

Back