water leak help

scoobycolm

ISDC Club Member
Hi Guys just when I was came home smoke started to come out from under the engine bay
Popped the bonnet and seen that the pipe (the big one ) coming out of the top of the rad has a pin hole in it spraying out water or coolant
Im hoping that this is just a wear and tear issue and it isnt from something else
Is this a common issue on them
She had a new rad last year
Also I think I should not do the trip from rathfarnam tomorrow to dublin 4 for work in case she gets bigger ?
And also is there a upgrade kit for hoses
At least it only just happened and temp gauge etc. was stil fine
Also I was driving very very slow all weekend as the long weekend
Any advice appreciated
Thanks
guys
Colm
:thumbsup:

Its is a common problem on classics, I only replaced my 2 rad hoses about a month ago. They're about €18 each from Subaru. Think they keep the top rad hoses in stock in C+R.

Once the cooling system is topped up and the Temp gauge doesn't rise into the red there is no problem driving the car just take it easy :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replys and
555-scooby thanks for the p.m. much appreciated (would reply back but cannot p.m )
Much appreciated for the offer of help and also thanks to Davelegacy will give you a shout when I am going for the samco hoses in a couple of weeks
in the mean time goit the hose in caroll&roche along with 10 % discount so it cost 21 euro
Fitted her on and all is well now
Much appreciated for the help guys
:thumbsup:
:subaru:

Back