squeaky seat belts!!

nodge

Petrolheads
As I've said before, this is about as technical as I get, so apologies if this doesn't really belong here! :roll:

Problem is a loud screeching from both front seat belts. It comes from the bottom where the belts are rolling out from so hard to get at. I've tried chucking WD40 down there but not solving it. Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers!

:lol: :lol:

Why do you think I'm trying to get rid of the noise, would not be a good start to selling the car........... :D

"Sit in there and take her for a spin"
"Right so"
...........squeak...........squeak
"What the fu*k is that"
:shock: :shock:

It seems to happen in most newshape ones anyway definately bugeyes..

Just to check !  does it only happen when you're putting on your belt.

The reason seemingly is that the plastic cover on the pillar where the belt comes up from, there are plastic ribs going horizontal across em,  so when you put on your belt, the belt rubs of these ribs and thats what the noise is.
So take of the cover and file off the ribs !!! :thumbsup:

Don't know if it works cos I haven't got around to doing it in my own car yet !!  :?

that should sort it Nodge  :guinness:

mack

Thanks Mack,
Ya it only happens when putting on the belt, it's really annoying !

Easier said than done I wonder??? Will try to give it a go at the weekend anyway! Where did you get the info from?

john

[quote author=nodge link=topic=1605.msg13900#msg13900 date=1172067637]
Where did you get the info from?

[/quote]

Shur a cop wouldn't ask me that question !! :lol: :lol:
trade secret :p

Mack

Actually I think there are 3 ribs on the back of the trim, but i think the top one is the only one that has to go !!!! :)

[quote author=Anton M link=topic=1605.msg14372#msg14372 date=1172697452]
I still have not done this yet :doh:
[/quote]

I know, i have my car over a year and half now and still don't have it done !!

mack

yeah just chop off the top rib and your sorted done it to mine last year, takes about 10mins a side

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=1605.msg14605#msg14605 date=1172881380]
does bit wd40 on the roller bit not work no???????????
[/quote]

No Dave - it's not the roller that squeaks, it's the belt rubbing off the plastic cover.
Had a go at this yesterday, had taken off the cover, then realised I didn't have a suitable file. I stuck a bit of tape on the rib instead and it's all gone quiet!!!!!

Hopefully it'll be stay on - 5 minute job, not bad!

Back