Anti lift kit

M

Matt

Fitted a Whiteline anti lift kit yesterday and just wondering do i need to get wheel alignment done now that ive messed with the setup?

The results in handling improvement are amazing, not as massive an improvement as the adjustable rear anti roll bar but the 2 modifications together completly transform the car.
The car now does exactly what you want it to and goes where you point it. You can really put the foot down exiting bends now the under steer has gone.
Highly recomended upgrade to your car :thumbsup:

Anti-roll bar and links have no effect on wheel alignment setup. Rear control arms do and track rod ends and damper clamp bolts on the front do.

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=14298.msg176861#msg176861 date=1239546151]
Anti-roll bar and links have no effect on wheel alignment setup. Rear control arms do and track rod ends and damper clamp bolts on the front do.
[/quote]

But Matt was asking about an anti-lift kit.

And yes you will need the geometry done again

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=14298.msg176895#msg176895 date=1239556030]
But Matt was asking about an anti-lift kit.

And yes you will need the geometry done again
[/quote]

There is no adjustment in the front lower control arms, so fitting an anti lift kit wont effect allignment

The anti lift kit actually lowers the pickup point for the lower control arms so as I've said already it does affect the geometry & does mean the geometry will need to be done again.

I'd suggest you go to Jomo Matt if you have the time, the man is a genius with car setups :thumbsup:

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=14298.msg176900#msg176900 date=1239557192]
The anti lift kit actually lowers the pickup point for the lower control arms so as I've said already it does affect the geometry & does mean the geometry will need to be done again.

I'd suggest you go to Jomo Matt if you have the time, the man is a genius with car setups :thumbsup:
[/quote]

I know that it efects how the geometry moves but does not effect allignment.

Geometry and alignment are different things

Although if its been a while since the car has been aligned then maybe its a good idea to get it done anyway

I didn't notice my Type-R to understeer to be honest :ponder2:... always happy tailing :icon_grin:
But if you say so, I will think about Whiteline stuff in the future... First I think I will want to get the Tein coilovers and lower her a bit to the ground :thumbsup:

Haha twas a good one :p but don't think so. The suspension looked pretty standard I was looking at it the other day. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replys :thumbsup:
I was thinking it would need wheel allignment alright as when fitting the kit i was able to pull the wheels about.
Ill just get it done locally for now to save my Tires then when im getting the rattling creak from the passenger front shock sorted ill get a proper geomatry setup done :thumbsup:

Back