Tyres

johnjoe64

Petrolheads
Hi Guys I have a question I got 4 brand new Eagle F1s in 18" for e360 from the north and they are made in China then I hear that tyres from China dont balance well and I should have got German made ones is this true or are the ones I got ok as I have not put them on the car yet and I may be able to send them back Cheers. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mate,
IMO they are way too cheap to be the real deal !!!!
if they are chinese,then i guess they are a cheap copy and probably remoulded or inferior quality!!!!
i wouldnt have them on a performance car at any cost!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

There is a difference between Asia tyre compound and European... at a guess I'd reckon they may not be as good as German ones... same as how you are advised to replace tyres on Jap Imports when brought in as they aren't made for our weather and road surfaces!

Drove a recently imported Mx5 on Jap tyres in the wet and it was like driving on ice... spun the thing 360 and near shat meself! :shock2:

As above they could aslo just be cheap ass copies... beware!!

No A friend of mine has his own company up there and he pays the vat for me and he is cool taking euro ah no their the real deal as his company is a haulage company cheers, :thumbsup:

you wouldnt get one of them down here for 90 euro ,never mind a set!!!
topgear is sellin NANKANG in 17s for 75 euro each fitted!!!
your talkin bout eagle f1's...easily 200 euro each in advance...

let me know how you get on john,
i'd be well interested at that price!!!!
i can get tyres at cost price but nowhere near that price!!!

Have they got an E mark on them?? I've heard of Asian tyre's being sold around here without the mark but they are not good quality and liable to pop while your driving!!

Thats some price :shock2:

I bought 4x 215/35/18 from a tyre place that my mate own and they should've been about €235 each but he done me a deal of €175 each fitted and balanced but €90 each!! man thats some saving :thumbsup:

Let us know how ya get on

<edit>

Should've said I got eagle F1's too

Goodyear produce the same tyres in their factory in Germany & China for the European market. Exact same tyres.

They also produce tyres in Thailand which are designed for hotter climates, these Thai produced tyres are the dangerous ones for our roads :thumbsup:

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=14255.msg176405#msg176405 date=1239387972]
Goodyear produce the same tyres in their factory in Germany & China for the European market. Exact same tyres.

They also produce tyres in Thailand which are designed for hotter climates, these Thai produced tyres are the dangerous ones for our roads :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Cheers Brian, Good info :thumbsup:

If that the case the i'd be interested in a set of them at that price!! Where did you pick them up johnjoe64?? :thumbsup:

[quote author=Mark Cahill link=topic=14255.msg176457#msg176457 date=1239394476]
If that the case the i'd be interested in a set of them at that price!! Where did you pick them up johnjoe64?? :thumbsup:
[/quote]

+1

I've only bought new tyres but i'd still buy more at that price

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=14255.msg176699#msg176699 date=1239485929]
i got eagle F1's asymmetrical from camskill for 95 a corner, 215/45/17.
[/quote]

john is talking bout 18's dan!!!
:thumbsup:

Back