de-greaser in arches??

sti v5

Middle Lane Hogs
Just wondering is it ok to use a de-greaser in around the arches for cleaning shocks, brakes etc..... :thumbsup:

I use that Gunk de-greaser stuff Kevin in my arches. Brush it on then wash off after a while! :thumbsup:

Well it says, good for all mechanical parts, calipers etc so i assume its grand. I've not had any trouble anyway! :thumbsup:

I use the gunk, used it to clean up the calipers and they came up great. I avoided spraying around the pots and didnt leave to soak for too long

good stuff.... ill give this a go so.... when you rise it off, do you just leave it at that then or do you spray any type of sealent or wd40 etc....???? :thumbsup:

[quote author=sti v6 link=topic=14219.msg175848#msg175848 date=1239212987]
good stuff.... ill give this a go so.... when you rise it off, do you just leave it at that then or do you spray any type of sealent or wd40 etc....???? :thumbsup:
[/quote]

definitely not on the brakes anyway :lol:

The general consensus is that there's no point in putting anything on to seal the arches as it will just come off when dirt and grit hits it. What i would do is use some autoglym rubber & vinyl care and it will bring them up great and will last at least for a little while :thumbsup:

have a bottle of that there.... would it be ok to spray that on the shock??... and ill just cover the brakes. :thumbsup:

Back