suspension set up

chriSTi

Petrolheads
Howya lads jus wonderin have yiz any tips for settin up my suspension, for OUR road use.. its way too hard at the mo... its a HKS coil over kit.. with camber adjust.... last time it was up on the ramp we adjusted the bottom adjuster an it seemed to change the Rebound or wot ever its called, it kinda bounces even on the motorway...

I have Cusco Coilovers and the dampers are adjustable from the top - easy under the bonnet, but a backseat out job if you want to adjust the rears. anyway, settings are either hard and hard or hard and bouncy - i've tried them all... and none suit West Cork roads where the roadbuilders add extra lumps and potholes just for good measure :thumbsup:

Good luck - Coilovers are best for the track IMHO.

[quote author=sc00by555 link=topic=1596.msg13832#msg13832 date=1172012379]
I have Cusco Coilovers and the dampers are adjustable from the top - easy under the bonnet, but a backseat out job if you want to adjust the rears. anyway, settings are either hard and hard or hard and bouncy - i've tried them all... and none suit West Cork roads where the roadbuilders add extra lumps and potholes just for good measure :thumbsup:

Good luck - Coilovers are best for the track IMHO.
[/quote]ye the little bro has them on his 180sx but do yours have a dial on the bottom bout 2 inch in diameter, it seems to click as i turned it.... i did count the clicks, didn't seem to tighten or loosen?

You could try fitting a set of softer springs . As far as I know most coilovers use the same sized spring & they are generally not too expensive .

A lot of people have mucked around with coilovers - changing springs , getting dampers revalved , etc and ended up refitting a standard suspension . Coilovers need a lot of setting up & fine tuning & they are really only for track use or perfectly smooth roads .

A lot of people seem to like the bilstein/eibach set-up . You could fit it & recover a lot of the cost by flogging the coilovers on ebay . :thumbsup:

As turbo said............  Standard set of type r impreza STi 5/6 suspension  with good few whiteline goodies is wat you want in an all rounder., :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=Turbo link=topic=1596.msg13847#msg13847 date=1172019417]
You could try fitting a set of softer springs . As far as I know most coilovers use the same sized spring & they are generally not too expensive .

A lot of people have mucked around with coilovers - changing springs , getting dampers revalved , etc and ended up refitting a standard suspension . Coilovers need a lot of setting up & fine tuning & they are really only for track use or perfectly smooth roads .

A lot of people seem to like the bilstein/eibach set-up . You could fit it & recover a lot of the cost by flogging the coilovers on ebay . :thumbsup:
[/quote]Cheers lads I'd hate to get rid of them but looks like I might jus have to! :( :thumbsup:

Back