NEED ADVICE PLEASE

T

tommyk

Hi All
im new to this so be gentle
Im the very proud owner of a 2002 B4
last thursday i decided to do a solenoid and hosepipe cleanout and ever since i have no boost/turbo, Ive brought the car to a main dealer and its showing a kind of code 66(P1241) but its the single thats showing up or the primary turbo for a better word. on Saturday I got another B4 put the 2 side by side and checked every hose and every cable around the box and cleaned all the solenoids again just to be sure in case there was bit of dirt in them. I never touched the hospipes leading to the first turbo at all because of the ripping around the intercooler. I swapped the air sencers with the other b4 to rule out that but still nothing.
I hope this makes a little sence because im at a complete loss.

and after all the phone calls and googleing i ended up here and guys i really thought that noone on this island knew anything about these cars.......... but from glancing through the forum how wrong could i have being...SO with a bit of luck someone in here can help me

TANX

Im from Limerick
and forgive me for gbeing ignorant but what is site trader

I dont know anyhing about B4s, but i presume when you say you cleaned out pipes you mean vacum piping??
Well if you have and a B4 is like an impreza, there will be a restrictor olive in vacum piping coming off compressor housing, it is placed inside pipe before the vacum pipe is T jointed to run to actuator and solenoid, if you have replaced any piping you could have removed this and not put it back, or you could of put it back in wrong place , i.e wrong side of T joint, or turned it wrong way.. you may well have 2 of them, 1 for each turbo..
you will feel a bulge in pipe where it is and oe piping usually has a mark on it to indicate its position :thumbsup:
As i said i am a B4 twin blower virgin, but i reckon this is your prob :thumbsup:

One of the solenoids could be knackered, when they are cleaned out, they are really put through their paces and if there is anythibng wrong, then it could sh*t itself. Happened to me a while back but it was one of the solenoids on the secondary for me.

Main dealer will be useless to be honest, Ciaran RS-RA on the site here is who sorted mine. Based in dublin though so a bit far away from you. If you know someone who knows what they are doing then they can use a stetascope to listen to each solenoid to see if it is working while they are in test mode. Hopefully thats all it is :thumbsup:

Site Traders are located at the bottom of the forum main page, each trader has their own section :thumbsup:

The prob kenC is describing is the restrictor pill I talked to you about earlier on the phone-but afaik you havent touched any boost pipework outside of the solenoid box-there arent any restrictor pills in the box itself. Ther is a good chance that muck from the pipework has just been blown in a lump farther into the system and is stopping the car boosting. Youre getting a check engine light too-this may be causing the car to go into safe mode-not allowing any boost,but then you should also have a 4000rpm rev limit

There's a little blue filter in the solenoid box that can cause problems if it's put back the wrong way round.
Double check all your pipes for cracks or leaks. The twin turbo pipework is a bit of a nightmare, mix up 1 hose and your fooked! :doh:

35n1w5u.jpg

wincll.jpg

well guys tanx for promt reply.
I brought the car back to Ryans Garage in Thurles today and theres a mechanic there who seems to know a bit or so about B4's.
So when I got there he took the vacum box or solenoid box from another car and put it into mine and yes bingo it worked. So I think I may of tracked one down up north hopefully with a bit of help from Sean (the Ledgend)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_pray:

Tanx Again and if anyone need advice on cleaning a solenoid box DONT ASK ME cause I donno

Back