Timing Belt on 2001 Legacy RX

L

LegacyRX

Hi guys I have a 2001 Legacy RX 2.5 and there is almost 65,000 on the clock so I badly need the timing belt done, I called the dealer in Kildare Town the nearest Suabru dealer but the mecahnic I spoke to said they hadn't done a legacy Timing belt before as they were only new to Subaru's. He reckoned about €800 for the belt and full service but I wasn't confident listening to him. I called Eddie Garry in Waterford the next nearest and the guy I spoke didn't seem to know much either but reckoned about €550 for belt and service.

Anyone know anywhere near Naas or carlow that will do a good job at a decent price?

Thanks

Cartorque are in Naas 045893718. Or there's a guy in Carlow called Mick ( car doctor 0863000231 ) who is handy with scoobs aswell.

if ur willin 2 drive a bit further i'd recommend GT Performance George gives great prices and his work is always 100% :thumbsup:

Cheers Ian from Cartorque is going to call me back with a quote.

Got the work done last week, excellent service from Ian and decent price too, thanks for the information.

[quote author=LegacyRX link=topic=1592.msg14738#msg14738 date=1173043909]
Got the work done last week, excellent service from Ian and decent price too, thanks for the information.
[/quote]

good to hear il need mine done on the legacy soon

Back