Legacy Newie

L

LegacyRX

Hi I recently came across this forum and thought I'd join, I wanted a Subaru for years after being involved in a rally team where my father was the chief mechanic, the team was mainly Fords but the last car that I was involved with was an ex Bertie Fisher Impreza. Sitting in on testing sessions was an experience I will never forget, I also drove WRX road impreza's and loved the power and control. However my first suabaru to my surprise was a Legacy, my father's mate owed it and I fell in love with it, I really only wanted an impreza that was either WRX or STI and neither were available at the same price I have my Legacy for over a year now.

Its a 2.5ltr Legacy RX, now I don't think its an import but not sure, although I can't find any info on a 2001 RX it has all the extra's i.e. heated leather seats, cd changer, A/C, heated mirrors, ABS and Climate Control. I believe the 2.5ltr engine gives me 160bhp but not sure, I was very put off by the Auto box but I have grown to love it, its very easy to control gear changes and in traffic its a joy.

Have a look at the photos in the link below and let me know what you think and if anyone has any information on this model I'd appreciate it, also does anyone know after how many miles I should get the timing belt done?

Thanks

http://www.ringo.com/photos/photo.html?photoId=196722375

wecome along timing belt is every 45000miles as far as i know i usually do ever 60 k  :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard mate. I'm a "newbie" too, but they seem like a friendly bunch!  :thumbsup:

Mine's another Legacy RX, though a year older than yours and it's a wagon with a manual box. They don't seem to be too common; I was beginning to wonder if they ever made any others apart from mine, especially when the insurers had never heard of it :ponder:, but it seems they were sold by Subaru Ireland (I know 'cos I asked them).

Welcome along mate happy postin u cant beat a legacy but u should try d turbo version u wont b disappointed :subaru:

Welcome along mate, Hope you enjoy the forum and make it to a couple of meets, see you there.

Back