looking for an alfa

trevor m

Petrolheads
well lads im looking for an alfa 156 1.6l 00-01 reg for my wife anyone know of one for sale can contact me trevor on 087-9787991,it would be a great hejp.cheers.

Hope your good at getting your hands dirthy and opening you wallet... :ponder:As the general sales manager in Italy said at a conference YES,WE DO HAVE ALOT OF ENGINE PROBLEMS,BUT DOESNT IT LOOK GREAT.
Alan

no someone selling one its a 156 think its a 00 and about 3500 but woudn't advise one very very bad car belive me done alot of work on these they just keep comming back needing more change your mind get somethin else :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=scoobyke link=topic=1589.msg13726#msg13726 date=1171922644]... bad reliability..but thats part and parcel of owning an alfa... :dunno:[/quote]
Though having had three Alfas over the years (but never a 156), I found them a lot more reliable than my old MGB. But that might not be saying much ...  :roll:

cheers lads for yer advice but the wife has her mind set on one but at least it will only be the second car behind my scooby.the last car she had she only put up 2500 miles in a year.

you will be lucky if the alfa even puts up that many............a mate had one from new got rid of it within the year after the engine packed up.

as said.............. ha ha................. 2500 miles a year................ about 3k maintanence............

[quote author=tractorman link=topic=1589.msg13817#msg13817 date=1172005945]M ine
G ot
B roken[/quote]
Alan,

Did too :lol:, frequently and usually very inconveniently: Like (very memorably, how could I ever forget it?) the bottom of the Euston underpass in the London "rush hour" :hang:, or (more usually) out in the middle of nowhere on a dark, wet night :angry:

Often it was only because of the two stupid 6-volt batteries under the back seat, or the (low-hanging) middle box of the exhaust had hit something and pulled off yet again, and sometimes it was more serious. Still, at least the design was simple and you could often get it going again at the side of the road, with a little ingenuity and a piece of bent wire, silver paper, or pair of tights etc. And the AA man was my best friend ... :roll:

Hmmm, I think I still have my Imperial spanners somewhere, but I haven't needed them since ... 

Nobody has a good thing to say about alfa,s but i had a 00D 156 2 litre t-spark before my sti and never had any trouble with it...once the belts are done on them and yu keep an eye on the oil levels as they burn alot of oil as it is a performance engine there grand..they can be expensive to buy parts for and service in a dealers.Clarkson wreckons yur not a true petrol head if you have never owned an alfa ...much prefer the scoob do 100 times over

[quote author=trevor m link=topic=1589.msg13825#msg13825 date=1172009128]
cheers lads for yer advice but the wife has her mind set on one
[/quote]

this means when she is stuck on the side of the road she doesnt call you because all she will hear is "I told you so" LOL LOL

they dont have jap build quailty but if you look at customer satisfaction surveys they dont fair too bad..problem with 156's was lots went out to middle management types as company cars and you know your self you never give a sh!t about the company bus just drive the stones out of it and bring it for its due service when ever it suits ya..my mate bought one a few months ago and have to say a lot of car for the money..things are changing in tha market segment...here a lot of bad things about VW'd now especially 01-03 passats... and Boras are complete sh!t box's..speak to most alfa owners and they are happy with their cars...dont think Id risk me own money on one but ;)

Back