dump valve question.

northdublin

Petrolheads
on a b4 leggy a pipe comes off the factory dumpvalve and connects onto the pipe going into the intercooler i think recirculating the air, what happens to this connection when you fit a dump to atmosphere valve. how is the port in the recirculating part of the intercooler pipe sealed off.

With the HKS bov you get what can only be described as a coke bottle lid shaped stopper that blocks the hole off and secured using the clips from the hose going to the stock dumpvalve :thumbsup:

As above but you can blank it with anything. My HKS came minus the blank but lucky enough i work in plumbers providers so i had a nice selection of things to blank it with :thumbsup:

that pipe is connected to the turbo inlet so by blanking it off it just recirculates back into the turbo!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thanks for the replys lads........im surprised its such a basic blank off......i thought it would be to some degree high presure. so what happens if you remove the pipe connecting the existing dump valve and blank off the recirculating inlet. does this then not make your recirculating d/v an atmosphereic one and if so what type of noise do you get. has anyone ever tried this? im only askin these questions to better understand the twin turbo set up, and before ye all go pastin up diagrams and pdf file ive seen a lot of them before and i still dont fully get it. i really need to get my hands on one of these engines while someone is takin it out so it can be shown to me :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

The only pressure the blank feels is negative pressure so it will only try to be sucked in further if you get me. I don't know if anyone has tried what you suggest though, although i see no reason why you couldn't do it if you take off the pipe completely and block the inlet as you say. I'd say you get more of a tuuuuuussssssssshhhhhhh rather than the tiiiiiiiiisssssssshhhhhhh you get with a HKS because the outlet is that bit bigger :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Back