Suspension Noise

M

Matt

My Type R has developed a noise from the passenger side. I think its coming from the front suspension strut , possibly the rear too but cant really tell.
Its a kind of creaking rattle. Sounds almost like the spring creaking/Knocking.
Only happenns when taking sharp right turns or roundabouts. Doesnt happen when going slow but you dont have to be going quick to hear it.
Ive heard before similar symptoms can indicate worn top mounts :dontknow:
Does this sound right and is it expensive to sort out?

Found these http://cgi.ebay.ie/Subaru-Impreza-F...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Is this what id be lookin at replacing if it is worn top mounts?

[quote author=al-hks link=topic=14135.msg174890#msg174890 date=1238923684]
Have you checked the cv joints do this before u buy anything
[/quote]

Was thinking CV joints myself :dontknow:

Thanks for the replys.
Isn't the cv joint, not sure on the link rod.
Its like its the spring or something on the strut because its like a creak that changes its sound as you go round the roundabout and the road surface changes causing the suspension to react. Ill look into it further and get it checked out if i can figure it out. :thumbsup:

im having same issue with my legacy when doing uturns etc took my strut brace off and not as noisy now it was like a cracking sound.

I know the new age suffers terriable with the top mounts, the classic could be the same.

[quote author=scoobyturbo link=topic=14135.msg175397#msg175397 date=1239059735]
im having same issue with my legacy when doing uturns etc took my strut brace off and not as noisy now it was like a cracking sound.
[/quote]

Yeah sounds like the noise im talking about. Only happens when you turn fast or sharp enough to compress the passenger suspension. Started to notice it more after a 2 hour spirited drive on the back roads. Been noisier ever since.

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=14135.msg175398#msg175398 date=1239059956]
I know the new age suffers terriable with the top mounts, the classic could be the same.
[/quote]

Yeah i believe top mounts can give trouble alright, especially passenger side from kerbing etc.

Back